• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    For those who are carrying on their LTCH, I'm interested to see what kind of things people are using. I'd like to know -

What do you carry (Make, model of firearm)

If you're using a holster, what is it? OWB, IWB, Shoulder, Ankle, etc? Who makes it? What's it made of? Assuming a belt, what kind do you wear?

I'm asking because now that it's getting colder, I'm beginning to think about rotating to a larger framed handgun as I can easily dress to wear it, something that's not as easy during the warmer months.

My warm-weather setup is a Glock 26 with a High Noon Split Decision IWB holster in leather. I have a weaved leather belt, 1.5'', that I wear most often.

As it gets colder, I tend to switch to a Glock 17 in a Rocketman ECP (Extreme Cant Paddle) in Kydex. I wear the same belt. I'm thinking about picking up a Rocketman IWB as well, but I'm kinda holding out to see if I come up with anything else cool..

Your turn! Whatcha wearing??

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Sig 220 in a Don Hume leather belt slide OWB. Belt is an old black leather 1.5" belt. No idea what brand. Spare magazine is either in the front left pocket or a Fobus paddle, single mag carrier on the weak side.

I'd like to buy some better leather, probably an IWB. I just haven't had a chance to look at a lot of holsters up close and I don't want to spend $70 to $god-knows-how-much online only to get it and find it's not comfortable or I don't like the construction.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Sig 220 in a Don Hume leather belt slide OWB. Belt is an old black leather 1.5" belt. No idea what brand. Spare magazine is either in the front left pocket or a Fobus paddle, single mag carrier on the weak side.

I'd like to buy some better leather, probably an IWB. I just haven't had a chance to look at a lot of holsters up close and I don't want to spend $70 to -knows-how-much online only to get it and find it's not comfortable or I don't like the construction.

Try The Holster Store Home Page. They produce excellent holsters (I have 3 so far for 3 different pistols), and their prices are very reasonable.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Gun = Compact 1911:
    Models vary (various Detonics Combat Master pistols, Para Warthog, Para Carry 9)​

Holsters
    IWB: Crossbreed or Com-Tac
    OWB: Don Hume or Galco​

*** Note to Obama: while I still have my license to carry a handgun,
    all my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident in the middle of Lake Michigan

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Either a Galco FL400H, worn cross draw OWB with my USP compact. Although it's not intended as a cross-draw I find it more concealable and more comfortable when worn that way. I also tuck it small of back with this holster for some situations..
    5945_1.JPG

Or this IWB tuckable D.M. Bullard with a Bersa .380.. for situations where I can't afford to be "caught". I really like this holster and plan on getting one for my HK as well..
    150305853451_1_0_1.jpg

My belt is a generic 1.5" black heavy leather.

Last edited:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Normal carry rig= Charles Daly High Power clone in Raven Concealment IWB w/ UBG double thickness 1 1/2" leather belt or 5.11 web belt.
    On days I can wear untucked shirt, change to Desantis #2 scabbord w/ thumb break. Same belts or 1 3/4" Desantis.
    Alternates aree same pistol in a leather vest w/ inside concealment pockets or fanny pack.
    Heavy, stiff belts are best for the heavier steel framed pistols. So far, the UBG is the best of the lot, Measures 1/4" thick and only cost $65. Stiffer than the wider Desantis due to the double thickness and full stiching.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I am currently carrying a Springfield 1911a1 MilSpec .45 in the leather OWB holster SA sells with the coupon that came with the gun. I have a heavy duty Galco belt, nylon in OD. All worn under my sporty utility vest with 2 extra mags and few other items in it.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I usually carry a Glock 19 in a Comp-tac MTAC. I use a Wilderness 5-stitch instructor's belt.
    2989655540_2730cc5cf5.jpg

I usually carry my Smith and Wesson 642 with a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster in the summer.
    2989655542_cd345075c1.jpg

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Glock 32

Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage (IWB) when I have to tuck.
    Milt Sparks Watch Six (IWB) when I don't

I also have a Milt Sparks for my Glock 27 and Glock 30 but the 32 is carried 99% of the time.

1.5 inch leather gun belt.

Lead times on leather holsters these days is extremely long in most cases. If you are right handed and carry a popular gun you can probably find a Don Hume or or Galco in stock. I am left handed and prefer the workmanship of the handmade holsters which creates quite a long wait. I bought all of my holsters 4 or 5 years ago when the lead times were a more reasonable 90 days or less.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Glock 17, for IWB I use a Comp-tac Infidel, for comfort I will sometimes use a Comp-Tac settable cant OWB.

OR

Glock 19, OWB I use a Blade-tech SRB or for IWB I use a Blad-tech Bobby Magee Pro.

OR

Keltec PF9 in an ankle rig,

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    Currently XD-45 Service 4" in a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster Paddle OWB, under a jacket. I'm a big dude (6'2" 250lbs), have to look hard, and if you are eying me that closely, I probably have other issues. Looking for a good leather/hybrid IWB. Leaning towards Crossbreed Supertuck.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    my carry rig?

I carry a Beretta 96fs in a leather galco OWB holster or a uncle mikes softy IWB along with a CRKT M16-12Z and a spare mag in a kydex mag carrier along with a small LED light. I also often carry a Glock 23 in a fobus OWB holster or in a IWB mr softy.

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Your holster looks like a warn out baseball glove. Does that support your gun well? What makes it the best? Since we are on a gun board I've got to call you out on the clip vs. magazine thing :D

gun-knife.jpg

Galco IWB - world's best concealment holster
    Glock 27 - 9 round clip

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ditto on the Galco Royal Guard. Mine carried my Glock 17. Horsehide ruff side out. It will last a life time. Holds well, wears well and comfortable even with my large Glock. Plus, the uglier it looks the more I love it.

Top Bottom