• ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Teamsters-FLag-620x469.jpg

The above picture was taken at the Teamsters National headquarters in DC Union Hall today.

Why Does the Teamsters Union Appear to Be Flying Its Union Flag Above the U.S. One Outside the Group’s D.C. HQ? | TheBlaze.com

*Edit* Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It appears to be below both the Union flag and the Canadian flag.

About what I would expect from the Teamsters.

I know two country flags next to eachother have to be at the same hight but Im not sure what the rule is when one flag is at half mast next to another flag at full mast.You wouldn't force another country's flag to be at half mast because the US flag is at half mast. :dunno:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I know two country flags next to eachother have to be at the same hight but Im not sure what the rule is when one flag is at half mast next to another flag at full mast.You wouldn't force another country's flag to be at half mast because the US flag is at half mast. :dunno:

Nothing flies higher than old glory. Easy rule.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code
    (c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code
    (c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

That is only code and has no weight of law. We have been over this on INGO many, many times already.

When the flags are all together (ie. flagpoles next to each other) then yes the code should be followed but there is no law that says you must. In the picture above those flag poles are wide apart. It could be that the other flagpole (with Canada's flag) may belong to the other property.

What I suspect occurred with the US and Union flag is that the flags were taken down and the US flag was then raised to "half mast" due to the CT shooting. The UNION flag was probably put up in error above the 'half mast' us flag.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    after all this talk has anyone tried letting them know? i mean yes they could be so cocky that they think the union is more important, but i would be more likely to believe a dumba** who didn't know any better set it up.:patriot:

Ok just got done pulling my foot outta my mouth i didnt read the article that states he was kicked out while trying to tell them about it. shame on them!!!!

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    maybe its because the president ordered all flags to half mast (which the U.S. flag appears to be in the photo) in memory of the sandy hook victims and the union flag (if left below the half mast U.S. flag ) would be too close to ground level and could cause safety concerns. I have a large flag at my work on a fairly short flagpole and couldn't lower it to half mast because it needs to be above a certain distance from the ground by my city's laws.

Top Bottom