• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Serious question let's hear it cause I am having a hard time understanding the dislike for this bill. Please show me exactly what is wrong with the bill.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I hardly think it's unconstitutional, but I can see the possibility for racial profiling, which, while it hasn't happened, could.

I don't inherently have a problem with it, but there is a fringe that would exploit it. Far as I'm concerned, if an APB goes out for a 25% Czech citizen who's fat and loves computers, I won't mind letting them check me out.

That said, it's a state law -- let them deal with it their way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It simply restates Federal law. Only trouble makers and rabble rousers that make a living on race baiting (e.g. Al Sharpton) dislike the bill.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The one you don't like in AZ. You know which one.

For all I know you are talking about Federal Amnesty. I never even mentioned Arizona. That whole other thread was talking about herding up people because they are at an immigration rally. That they Constitution doesn't apply and limitless Government power should be used to remind us all that we have no rights. As far as I know, no bill supports that, and hopefully never will.

I have been to a lot of rallies and if someone starts herding me up there is gonna be some trouble.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown

For all I know you are talking about Federal Amnesty. I never even mentioned Arizona. That whole other thread was talking about herding up people because they are at an immigration rally. That they Constitution doesn't apply and limitless Government power should be used to remind us all that we have no rights. As far as I know, no bill supports that, and hopefully never will.

I have been to a lot of rallies and if someone starts herding me up there is gonna be some trouble.

It just really seemed that you were siding with the protesters and they were protesting the bill so...

If you have no problem with the bill that was being protested than I don't have a problem.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Now we are on the same page. We just gotta play by the Constitution when we fight this battle. We can't be tricked into giving up liberty in order to solve the "crisis."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since the Arizona law was modeled after the Federal law, I can't understand why anyone has a problem with asking people to be law abiding.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom