• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not sure if there's a thread that contains explainations or if I'm just that stupid but i figured we could use this to clarify some things. Like what is IMHO, FTF, FTE, etc.? There are many others I've encountered but these are the ones I see most. Any others I forgot feel free to explain! LOL

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not sure if there's a thread that contains explainations or if I'm just that stupid but i figured we could use this to clarify some things. Like what is IMHO, FTF, FTE, etc.? There are many others I've encountered but these are the ones I see most. Any others I forgot feel free to explain! LOL

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
    FTF - Failure To Feed (or Fire)
    FTE - Failure To Eject
    etc. - Et Cetera
    LOL - Laugh Out Loud :):

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    SHTF: S#!T Hits the fan
    TEOTWAWKI: The End Of The World As We Know It
    DAO: Double Action Only
    SA: Single Action
    DA/SA: Double Action, Single Action

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    FTF in a buy/sell transaction means Face to Face, right?
    WTS = want to sell
    WTB = want to buy
    WTT = want to trade

i'm really bad about ATM = at the moment.
    and lars uses IIRC = if i remember correctly. that one still takes me a few minutes to remember what he means. :)

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    FWIW = For what it's worth
    AFAIK = As far as I know
    OMFWTFSHTFBBQ = Oh My God, What the F*ck, Sh*t Hit the Fan, Barbeque; Basically an expression of surprise. More commonly seen as OMGWTFBBQ.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    What about ROFLCOPTER? :) Or how about OMGWTFSHTFLOLERSKATESROFLCOPTERBBQ? :)

One that took me a long time to figure out was YMMV (Your mileage may vary, i.e. your experience with it may be different). Haven't seen it much here, but used on Glocktalk and other forums all the time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :D Online communication is a serious detriment to proper grammar and English spelling skills. *chuckle*

Ugh! You're telling me! It's one thing to have the occasional typo, but to abbreviate common words drives me nuts. "ur" instead of "your/you're" is my biggest pet peeve. It makes the writer sound like a 13 year old kid and totally undermines their point.

I obviously have exceptions for certain cases (instant messaging, common acronyms such as LOL, ROFL, etc.) where speed and brevity are essential.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    dilligaff>>>Dose it look lilke I give a Flying fu*k>>.Old Navy term..

Definitely need to remember that one. :D

Ugh! You're telling me! It's one thing to have the occasional typo, but to abbreviate common words drives me nuts. "ur" instead of "your/you're" is my biggest pet peeve. It makes the writer sound like a 13 year old kid and totally undermines their point.

I obviously have exceptions for certain cases (instant messaging, common acronyms such as LOL, ROFL, etc.) where speed and brevity are essential.

And yeah.. I've played WoW too long to accept "ur" from anyone over the age of 15. L2Spell n00b. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I abvreviate all the time and I can't spell worth a sh** so I'm sorry if I offend anyone on here by doing so. I'm 26, sometimes talk and think like I'm 40, and sometimes act like my 3yo son SO DEAL WITH IT! LOL J/K

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I abvreviate all the time and I can't spell worth a sh** so I'm sorry if I offend anyone on here by doing so. I'm 26, sometimes talk and think like I'm 40, and sometimes act like my 3yo son SO DEAL WITH IT! LOL J/K

Having small children allows you some exemptions. :): lol :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    2(b), 3(g), 6(g), 9(g) (TOOOOO much estrogen!) will make you a bit crazy especially when the older two aren't yours!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    2(b), 3(g), 6(g), 9(g) (TOOOOO much estrogen!) will make you a bit crazy especially when the older two aren't yours!

3+1 (for the fiancee) girls is definitely not enough estrogen. You could stand a little more. Forget about college -- think of all the fun you'll have when it comes to wedding season. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    3+1 (for the fiancee) girls is definitely not enough estrogen. You could stand a little more. Forget about college -- think of all the fun you'll have when it comes to wedding season. :D

What's that country song... "I'll be here... Still cleaning this gun..." LOL:nono:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom