• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reggywill

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Indy (Westside)
    Looking for a red dot for my Ruger SR556E but don't want to spent a ton of money. Pref. less than $100 but not sure what will actually hold up. Heard BSA's are pretty good. Any advice?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    A bit more than $100, but my brother and I have several Vortex Strikefire red dots that have worked well.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've had 2 Sightmark red dots, both were junk.

Really? I've not bought their red dots, but their magnifiers, and regular scopes are great quality and value. I assumed their red dots were also pretty good. Of course, you can't compare them to a real Aimpoint, since they cost less than $100. Most of their smaller red dots are rated 4/5 on opticsplanet. I'm curious how tradertator would rate the PA red dot, which probably has similar specs.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Really? I've not bought their red dots, but their magnifiers, and regular scopes are great quality and value. I assumed their red dots were also pretty good. Of course, you can't compare them to a real Aimpoint, since they cost less than $100. Most of their smaller red dots are rated 4/5 on opticsplanet. I'm curious how tradertator would rate the PA red dot, which probably has similar specs.

I run my stuff pretty hard, and the cheaper stuff doesn't tend to keep up. I've worn out stuff from Tasco, Simmons, BSA, Barska, etc..... I've learned to "buy once, cry once", and tend to stick with Eotech, Aimpoint, Trijicon, Leupold, etc.....

My only experience with Primary Arms is from playing with one mounted in a Kalinka mount on an AK. It seemed to be pretty decent for the money. He later traded it out for a Belarus PK-01V. I was so impressed with it, I bought one for my Arsenal SGL.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I was debating on going the BSA route myself.

That was until I created a thread similar to yours and was BOMBARDED by Primary Arms votes.

Soooo, I gave into the pressure, and now have a PA Micro Dot on it's way! :rockwoot:

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    PA Red Dot

I had been debating the same things too... I wanted to see if I liked the Red Dot Set up before I invested more in an optic than the rifle itself cost.

So I ordered a PA Micro, and it should be here today. They have fast shipping, and so far they have been excellent to respond to Questions.

Is there a Gear/Range report on this yet? If not, I may have to take some notes this weekend when I get it all mounted and initiailly tested.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had been debating the same things too... I wanted to see if I liked the Red Dot Set up before I invested more in an optic than the rifle itself cost.

So I ordered a PA Micro, and it should be here today. They have fast shipping, and so far they have been excellent to respond to Questions.

Is there a Gear/Range report on this yet? If not, I may have to take some notes this weekend when I get it all mounted and initiailly tested.

There are a few of them... here's just one, but we could always use more.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-primary_arms_aimpoint_clones.html#post802923

I have a PA red dot, but not the Micro, so I would be interested as would others I am sure.

Top Bottom