• ...and so much more!
  • K9Bass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    NWI
    Hello everyone,
    A few days ago, a buddy and I were talking about guns at work and he started referring to certain guns he had my certain names. One he called 'Big John' and another 'Owen'. Long story short, had me wondering who else names their guns.
    I understand a lot of people view arms as tools and thus have no reasoning for naming them, but just trying to have a little fun here, so shoot. (pun not intended at least not at first :) )

I'll say First, being somewhat of a bible reader, and pulp fiction fan I ended up naming my first gun (XD-9) Ezekiel. Haven't named my Marlin 60 YET, however, my next planned purchase (S&W 686) I was thinking of Gabriel.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Depends on how he was "raised". In boot camp, you were supposed to name your rifle, since you were spending so much time with it. I have named a couple of my firearms, but not all of them.
    When I was deployed, my M9 was Naomi, my M4 was Natasha, My M2 .50 was Bertha (not the most original, i know. But, carrying that thing up and down stairs everyday, yea)
    Back home
    Kimber 1911s (two of them) Patton and Rommel
    AR still Natasha,
    SCAR is named Shadow

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Mine have names carved into the sides of them,

There is Springfield, Kimber, Ruger, Ceska Zbrojovka, Izmash, Zastava Kragujevac, Marlin, etc...

JBishop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    New Albany
    They're tools. I don't name my screwdriver or hammer. It creates too much obsession with the hardware, distracts from the software.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I like to name my stuff but for some reason I haven't really found anything that sticks for my weapons. I tend to call everything "Bruce" or "Dennis" (see Monty Python) while it's waiting for a permanent handle. Many toys never get past that stage...

My brother on the other hand names everything oob and never refers to it in any other way again. As his collection gets larger it gets harder for me to remember who is who, lol.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Heck, I'm so bad remembering names it would do me no good to name mine! Besides my EDC is already named COLT so don't see any reason to change. . . .

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Mine have names carved into the sides of them,

There is Springfield, Kimber, Ruger, Ceska Zbrojovka, Izmash, Zastava Kragujevac, Marlin, etc...

:laugh:

I name my vehicles,Angie,Amy and Sally at the monemt but have never named any of my guns

I will have to think about that some

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    In boot camp you were supposed to name your rifle? Hmmm. Anyway...I don't name my weapons, they came with their own.

Might have been just a Army basic thing then. And yea, I realized after you said it, I called the Army the wrong one, my bad. I will do push ups after I finally get off my dang medical, rrrrrrrrrr.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I like to name my stuff but for some reason I haven't really found anything that sticks for my weapons. I tend to call everything "Bruce" or "Dennis" (see Monty Python) while it's waiting for a permanent handle. Many toys never get past that stage...

My brother on the other hand names everything oob and never refers to it in any other way again. As his collection gets larger it gets harder for me to remember who is who, lol.

If you are going the Monty Python route, maybe you should call it

Tim :rockwoot:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    No name for my rifles and pistols...

...Well, other than Marlin, Armscor, Arisaka, M-14, and Bersa.

I do however, have a 94 Tbird named Babe and a 97 Tbird named Misty...
    Cars can have a distinct personality, I believe.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    ...Well, other than Marlin, Armscor, Arisaka, M-14, and Bersa.

I do however, have a 94 Tbird named Babe and a 97 Tbird named Misty...
    Cars can have a distinct personality, I believe.

HAHAHA, :rockwoot: You know, i never named a vehicle until I was deployed overseas. We had a truck over there, amazing truck, called it Christine, from the Stephen King story. This truck had started the engine on its own while we were check around the vehicle and gearing up on mission (like she knew we were going to start her in a second). While going down the road, the turret would move forward on its own coming up on villages or certain areas (moving against the wind). She got hit once, we leaked fluids and stopped leaking before getting to base, however she made it all the way to the mechanic's bay before she stopped and then SHE shut herself down. We tried to "fix" the starting engine on its own, thinking it was a faulty switch, disconnected the battery and the fuel lines while we were talking about something, she still started on her own, we were like, what did we forget, what should we do to turn it off, and then the truck shut off again. Plenty of other "weird" stories about her. Man, I miss that truck.

Top Bottom