• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Going to be spending four weeks up in New Castle for some job training. Whats some good places to eat up there? What are good places that deliver? I'm not driving a personal vehicle and will be going up in a state van so may get a lot of delivery for convenience. What's good?

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Where are you staying in New Castle? If I'm not mistaken, most of the hotels are on hwy 3, south of town. Not much out that way except some fast food joints.

There used to be a diner a few miles north, closer to town, but I believe it may have burnt down.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    There is a go kart track, good food IMO. Its more of a road course.. Not sure if you could participate but if your killing time its fun to watch.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yes, go to New Castle Motorsports Park and have a club sandwich in the Racer's Grill. Rent a kart and turn some laps--it's a hoot and you're guaranteed to sleep well for the next couple nights unless you're one very fit beast.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Los Amigos. Best mexican around. Hit up the Ice House for a steak sandwich and if you have time, go to sparky's dog house for some ham. Sparky's is north of town on 36. I hear the new castle meth is "teeth fall off the bone good", but I can't verify either way.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Going to be spending four weeks up in New Castle for some job training. Whats some good places to eat up there? What are good places that deliver? I'm not driving a personal vehicle and will be going up in a state van so may get a lot of delivery for convenience. What's good?

Wilbur Wright Is North, a few miles ..... outdoor, and free.... Watch out, some strange people shoot there .....

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I live about 30 minutes from New Castle, and the only food that I ever head that direction for is Weenie World. Even then it's almost exclusively ice cream.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've eaten at the Denny's at the Flying J. It's a Denny's and I like them.

Is there still the popular ice cream drive in on the north side of town on Hwy 3?

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Cruise up Hwy 3 to 36, turn left and you're in Mt. Summit. Sparky's Doghouse is on your left before you get to the RR tracks. Yep, it looks like a real dive but their cheeseburgers are awesome. Treat yourself to Montgomery's Steakhouse at least once. It's just past the entrance to the kart track.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i live in new castle. not much you can get here that isn't better some where else. Montgomery's steak house is pretty good. The Dog House has good food but you may die of lung cancer before you leave. and Top Hat pizza KING on broad street (high way 38) is really good most of the time. other than that bring a gun and go out to Wilber Wright. if you want to head up to Muncie which isn't far you can go to Amazing Joes. its awesome! its about 20 min north of new castle

Top Bottom