• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Under folders look bada$$ but are hard on my shoulder, so probably side folder
    all the AK's I have are regular stock versions and I prefer them that way. good luck with your AK!:rockwoot:

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    As far as I know factory built looking to buy form GunsAmerica good prices.Last time I listed prices I got in trouble on site. Romanian comes with side folder composite stock, bayonet (don't really need), 2 30 mags,
    sling, cleaning kit and manuals. Unfortunatly 150 less then a none folder at local gun shop. Any done business with gunamerica before.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Generally Polish AKs are better according to a lot of AK owners, but once again that is their opinion. I have 2 Romys and they have functioned flawlessly. One is a Romy G kit built on a NDS-1 receiver with new Tapco furniture. The other is an AK-74 built by Lancaster Arms. Once again nothing but reliable. Find one you like the best and go for it! AKs are a lot of fun!!!

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    You can't really go wrong with either one as long as remember that an AK47 is a mass-produced military weapon and as such they will all have their flaws. Some of the Romanians have been found to have canted front sights but the occurrence is probably about the same with the Polish as well but there are just a lot more Romanians out there that people are using so you hear about it more with Romanians. I have built a few Romanians and they are reliable when it comes to feeding, ejecting and firing, they seemed to be a little more sloppy in their tolerances then Hungarians and Bulgarians that I have built, but I would not be afraid to own one. I have not built a Polish, so I don't know how they would compare.

Just go with the one that you like the looks of or the accessories and have fun.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Well just bought the Romanian side folder. Should be here in a few days we will see how it is. Can not wait. Now have to sneak it in past the wife or she might use it on me.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Well recieved it yesterday she looks and feels nice hopefully will go to range in next few days and try it out. Will show pics as soon as I can get them to load.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just to set the record straight, which with an AK/AKM is not easy, all Chinese AKs imported into the US (factory built rifles) were commercial rifles, not military. All Maadis imported from Egypt were commercial rifles, not military.

In fact, the only military AKM imported into the US for sale to those of us who shall not be infringed (not real military bringbacks papered pre-May 1986) was the Romanian SAR-1.

ATF found that banning importation was a great way around the second amendment. The upside to that was the production of many American made AK/AKMs. The alternative was to import them like the WASR-10 series with single stack magwells per the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment, and modify them to 922(r) per that same sporting purpose clause so that they can use standard AK mags.

As to finding which is better, a well modified WASR-10 is a great rifle. A Polish rifle is nothing more than an ATF approved destroyed rifle (known in this country as a kit) and rebuilt with the correct number of US parts (that 922(r) thing again) to be sold to us who shall not be infringed.

Many people, myself included have found the WASR-10 to be a great rifle, and a lot of fun. It is as close as we can get to an AKM until we get our rights back.

PLANEMECH, enjoy your WASR-10 sidefolder!!!!

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Just make sure that if you get a WASR10 that it has the Tapco G2 trigger system. It will have G2 marked on the left side of the trigger. They are the cheap AKs right now. But, functional.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Ive been kicking myself in the ..... ever since I got rid of My Vector Polish UF AK kit.
    I'm no AK expert and have only owned a couple of dozen over the years but really miss that one.
    Ive been eyeing an arsenal lately though in 223 with the side folder SLR 106 FR.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Well took it to the range on Sunday. Function fine like AK should Group was off to the right but was all in a pattern. Waiting on a sight tool and a Red dot scope comming then should be good to go. Over all very happy. Had another rifle at one time could not say that it would cycle every time good to know that this one will.

Top Bottom