What would you think of a new Assault Weapons Ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    After the tragedy in Aurora Colorado, Democrats (Obama regime, and news outlets) are going to force dramatic legislation. What do you think of this?

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Won't likely happen. They got thumped bad in elections last time and they remember it...

Unless OB gets re-elected...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    After the tragedy in Aurora Colorado, Democrats (Obama regime, and news outlets) are going to force dramatic legislation. How do you think of this?

I think that even if Willard wins the election, something like this may happen. He isn't pro-gun at all...people really need to stop pretending that he is their friend.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I don't think Obama will touch this topic in an election year. What do I think of it? Not much, since I got all of my "scary gun and magazine" purchases out of the way last year/ early this year; and the next President (republican or democrat; or if any sanity prevails something else) will strike it down.
    I seriously doubt it would be a "gun" ban, but I can totally see a magazine capacity restriction passing in the near future.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    kind of irritating. trying to talk about this and the firearms he had to people uneducated about what it takes to get firearms, is comparable to pulling teeth.

a ban such as what you are proposing will only further incite buying out of fear and the "theyll never take my guns" crowd will get even more mouthy. while i love my rights, there are too many variables i dont know about this guy in order to place a logical opinion.

who knows. another hi-cap ban in the making? could be.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I think so too. It has now become the burden of the firearms industry to prove that his AR-15 was not more deadly because it carries 30 rounds. Dems will say, "Why do you need 30 rounds to target practice or hunt with? More people would be alive today if that gun only shot 10 rounds." It is a tough argument to counter in these times. At the least they will get some type of ban in Colorado, at its worst, at the federal level.

But I agree with most that Obama won't do it before the election. I also agree that Romney might follow through with it, unfortunately. But I'm still voting for Romney, because it is always Democrats that come up with these laws, and he can help the economy. It's probably by by hicaps.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'll think the same thing I thought in '86 and again in the 90's when the last Bans happened...

****ing worthless POSs should be dipped in Hot Tar and covered in Chicken Feathers...

Vladislas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Obama will wait to do anything on guns till after the election . I do not think a ban needs to happen but I do see a ban maybe coming on clips that hold more then 10 rounds.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I think so too. It has now become the burden of the firearms industry to prove that his AR-15 was not more deadly because it carries 30 rounds. Dems will say, "Why do you need 30 rounds to target practice or hunt with? More people would be alive today if that gun only shot 10 rounds." It is a tough argument to counter in these times. At the least they will get some type of ban in Colorado, at its worst, at the federal level.

But I agree with most that Obama won't do it before the election. I also agree that Romney might follow through with it, unfortunately. But I'm still voting for Romney, because it is always Democrats that come up with these laws, and he can help the economy. It's probably by by hicaps.

What ever happened to "just plain crazy"?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I have said before, I keep waiting for them to remind people that murder is illegal. I am tired of hearing that firearms commit these illegal crimes.

Since some are already crying for banning mags of "large capacity", how about making multiple murders even more illegal?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    "Never let a good crisis go to waste"--Rahm Emmanuel former BHO Chief of Staff. This is the mindset of this administration, I have no doubt that the rats will demand some form of ban. I'm sure that their friends in the media will push the agenda.

As law abiding gun owners, we must counter, with the truth, every lie spewed by the rats and media.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The UN treaty and a possible AWB will have no possibility of passing.

That's not the point. BHO and the democrats will use congressional resistance as a stick to beat the Republicans in November. "We couldn't make the nation and world safer because of those do-nothing Republicans. If Congress won't act blah blah blah."

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The UN treaty and a possible AWB will have no possibility of passing.

That's not the point. BHO and the democrats will use congressional resistance as a stick to beat the Republicans in November. "We couldn't make the nation and world safer because of those do-nothing Republicans. If Congress won't act blah blah blah."

Neither did the Hughes Amendment.

Also, I'm not allowed to discuss my thoughts on the matter here on INGO. I don't want to get banned.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It would be a complete joke.

If the first AWB was unenforceable, then how would you enforce it now.

It would only ripen the issue for the Supreme Court and would be nailed round of electoral beatings for the Democrat Party.

Top Bottom