What would you have done? (Robbery in Greenville, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I would have been a witness to it if anything, I do not let strangers in my car, especially if they outnumber me 2 -1. Hate to be that way, but with the stuff going on these days, its just not worth the risk.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I never give rides unless I am armed and have my weapon hidden but ready and the person I am giving a ride to doesn't look like they could overpower me.

The kid did well. He got himself into a public place where presumably there would be video cameras, and took action, controlling the gun and causing a commotion enough to get 911 called. The only thing I would have done different would be to possibly grab something heavy off the shelf and bash her f***ing head in. I would love to see the video.

Somebody buy that kid a knife for Christmas and maybe some good self defence lessons.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    A friend of mine gave a couple of guys a ride back in the good open days of college. When they got to the general area, they robbed him at gunpoint. He only had 3 bucks on him. Worst of all, after being robbed, he was now lost Ans afraid to talk to anyone for directions.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would have robbed them back. Take their gun, their clothes, everything and leave them on some country road naked.

I've always believed that it should be a valid defense to a charge of robbery that the person tried to rob you first.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I like leading them through a heavy door and mashing in closed when the arm is sticking through. Break both bones, gun drops. If it's a glock, don't do that 'cause it'll fire on auto until empty if it is dropped...

Honestly it sounds like the ladies were idiots. Probably not going to get shot by them so playing it out worked well.

For the "this would never happen to me" crowd, assume you're at a bar on spring break and two chicks are all over you, invite you to their hotel room. OP is asking what you'd do once in that situation, not if you would let them into your car.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    What blows my mind is that the BP gas station that he was forced to go to is about 2 blocks away form the New Albany Police Station. Some people just don't think.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Well if I give a ride to someone and they decide to try to rob me while I'm driving and can't get to my gun safely I would think it would be a good time to revert back to my "Drive it like I stole it" days... If I don't get pulled over they would probably be begging for their lives by the time I was done.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I am glad the kid didnt get hurt. I wouldnt have given those 2 ride. When I was 17 that would be a different story.

"He was approached there by two women who were offering to give money for a ride to New Albany," said Chief Todd Bailey of the New Albany Police Department. "As a Good Samaritan, he took them up on the offer."
    "

How many of you bought the " Good Samaritan" line? Maybe, just maybe he was but my money is on "he was looking for some action."

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I am glad the kid didnt get hurt. I wouldnt have given those 2 ride. When I was 17 that would be a different story.

How many of you bought the " Good Samaritan" line? Maybe, just maybe he was but my money is on "he was looking for some action."

by the look of the girls in the video, I sure hope not :D:D

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    NAKED???

I would have robbed them back. Take their gun, their clothes, everything and leave them on some country road naked.

I've always believed that it should be a valid defense to a charge of robbery that the person tried to rob you first.

Did you open the link and see them dressed?

pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    Well if I give a ride to someone and they decide to try to rob me while I'm driving and can't get to my gun safely I would think it would be a good time to revert back to my "Drive it like I stole it" days... If I don't get pulled over they would probably be begging for their lives by the time I was done.
    same here i would drive so crazy they would be begging to be let out and i still wouldnt let them till i got to police station and if they where to shoot me then hopefully they would die too from me driving so fast the hit a tree head on at 100+

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

"Your honor, I just robbed them in self-defense."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom