• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Sent them a certified letter giving them a date to remove their shed from your property, include your concerns in the letter. If it is not removed by the date you give them it will be considered abandoned property it will be removed and the cost to do so will be billed to them.
    Sit down and write out to yourself notes of everything that has happened up to this point, in case you would have to take them to small claims court. You want to be able to show the court that you did everything possible to work with them regarding the removal of their property.
    Another thing you could do is sent them a certified letter giving them a date to remove their property, and after that date you will start charging them storage fees.
    :cheers:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    first was the shed part of the contract you singed with the lady you bought the house from,or had she given it away before you signed papers.sounds to me like they think they own your yard also,give them a deadline and if it isnt moved you just sell it and get your own.(since the shed is in your yard if it is nice jack it back down and use it and tell them sorry bout there luck)good luck

The lady we bought the place from told me she had SOLD the shed before selling me the house. I've talked to her since and she said they never gave her the money she asked for but can't say anything to them because they are some what "friends".

I will be sending a certified letter on Monday....but if I get no responce...BBQ time. Or hell, I might keep it. lol. Seriously, I'm in dier need of a shed and they have 2 on thier property already. I'd rather them just stick with the first plan though...they wanted it...so take it! Holy cow. I need another vacation....but I want the shed GONE when I come back this time!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Sent them a certified letter giving them a date to remove their shed from your property, include your concerns in the letter. If it is not removed by the date you give them it will be considered abandoned property it will be removed and the cost to do so will be billed to them.
    Sit down and write out to yourself notes of everything that has happened up to this point, in case you would have to take them to small claims court. You want to be able to show the court that you did everything possible to work with them regarding the removal of their property.
    Another thing you could do is sent them a certified letter giving them a date to remove their property, and after that date you will start charging them storage fees.
    :cheers:

Storage fees...That's great! I'll look into this! Can I get back pay too? :patriot:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Feh. You guys are making it too hard. I have gasoline and a match.

That STILL has no connection to an OC event, or the fact that this is a gun forum, though you are getting closer. Before I read your post, I was actually thinking "black powder."

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    One more question...How would I lower it back down? Do you use a car jack to jack it up??? I didn't see how they did it? Is this something one person can do alone??

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One more question...How would I lower it back down? Do you use a car jack to jack it up??? I didn't see how they did it? Is this something one person can do alone??

I'd imagine a sledgehammer or chains around the blocks latched to the trailer hitch on your truck/car/SUV would be effective...

I know the moment my child tried climbing under there in my back yard it would be lowered back down.

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Way too complicated still guys. It's the Fourth of July. One errant rocket into the shed and oops, a fire and "oops, we didn't see it burning until it was too late" ought to do the trick. Hell, you may as well burn one of their two existing ones down for good measure too.

So you have a shed on your property, people have been killing plants that you grow on it and now they jacked it up. The woman who owned the house "sold" it to them but they didn't pay. It's not theirs. Call the police if there is any more trouble. Have them show proof of payment that they cannot produce and the police will tell them to go scratch.

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I'm mesmerized by your ball polishing. :n00b:

Ok I had to turn away. It was hypnotizing me.

Yes, Rachel, is your yard heavily wooded? Do you have a firepit? This "site" could make a good future fire pit.

You should rent it out to bums or homosexual nomads. I bet your neighbors would leave it alone at that point. :D

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Tools I need are....

FIRE
    sledgehammer
    log Chains
    truck/car/suv
    a rocket
    a homosexual

and an OC event!

lmao...I'm all in!

In all seriousness...I think I will try the legal way first! HA

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Mailing certified letters and getting the police involved before clearly communicating your intent is a good way to create a rift. Neighbor relations are important to build for many reasons. Perhaps they are not aware of the degree of your distress. Have you told them this is an issue for you and clearly stated the reasons why it is causing you distress? If they refuse to act neighborly then it's time to communicate your intentions on how this situation can be "corrected"...legal recourse, keeping it, or burning it. It does not hurt to remind them that the law is on your side. It be wrong to assume they know everything you know or they know how strongly you feel about the situation before talking with them.
    PS count me in if you end up need help demolishing or burning it...fun stuff.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Mailing certified letters and getting the police involved before clearly communicating your intent is a good way to create a rift. Neighbor relations are important to build for many reasons. Perhaps they are not aware of the degree of your distress. Have you told them this is an issue for you and clearly stated the reasons why it is causing you distress? If they refuse to act neighborly then it's time to communicate your intentions on how this situation can be "corrected"...legal recourse, keeping it, or burning it. It does not hurt to remind them that the law is on your side. It be wrong to assume they know everything you know or they know how strongly you feel about the situation before talking with them.
    PS count me in if you end up need help demolishing or burning it...fun stuff.

sadly I would say the same thing. But if you need help burning it or towing it to the middle of their front porch, count me in!! I agree, OC shed burning bbq event!! :cheers:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    They feel they can be on your property with out your consent and jack it up and leave it? Screw em, they wont even pay their good friend for the shed. Put up an no trespassing sign asap.

If a kid gets hurt its on you because you knew it was a hazard and did nothing about it. Tell them that today. They need to take it this weekend or you will destroy/remove it.

Top Bottom