• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    Today i traveled fifty five miles to what i consider a large city for my job so of course i took my pistol along since i'am legal.On the way home just as i got off of I-65 and got on a bypass interstate I-265 i saw a car nose out of the grass median, i thought cop, then i could tell it was headed the wrong way toward traffic and that is when i saw what was really going on,there was a semi pulling over hard to the right with a pickup pulling over in front of it so i figure the car got tangled up in the mayhem,then the guy in the semi and the guy in the pickup got out with arms waiving and punches flying with traffic stopped with me three cars back.The question i kept thinking about all the way home is what would i do if i had someone comming at me full force ready for action, in the right or in the wrong,i figure the guy in the pickup pulled a bonehead move, would i pull my pistol to stop someone mad as 7734.I am not a fist fighter.Would a cop shoot me on the spot?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Joe's got it. The only time you want to even think about drawing your pistol is if you are in mortal fear for your life or that of a family member. Period.
    You'll NEVER lose a fight you decide to avoid.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    stay in the car. if an accident has occured then remain on scene unless its unsafe (a raving loonatic standing outside your car) then drive a ways down the road and stop and wait for police.

If your car is disabled and a loon is yelling and trying to beat your car and break in to get at you and its impossible for you to drive away, then shoot through the window. i believe deadly force is apropriate.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol don't shoot through the window or you will be that guy in court (unless of coarse you saw him reach behind his back after telling you how he was going to shoot, stab, or kill you) . otherwise if you can't drive off wait for him to break out your window or something extremely hostile on his part, if you don't you will be in court and in that case you better hope a bunch of people like me and e5ranger are on your jury.

its like the guy who shot the kid who broke into his vehicle and then ran off down the street and he shot him. your in deep water. me i look at it like its a occupational hazard. you shouldn't steal from people if your not prepared to pay the piper but there is so many liberals that you never know who is gonna judge you in court.

by all means if you life is threatened defend yourself but otherwise make smart decisions for sure

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Stay in the car...your first responsibility is to avoid conflict or flee...the LTCH does not give you permission to be aggressive...just defensive....

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    I was not threatened just saw what happens when someone gets hot,seems like in this liberal society whenever something goes wrong=crap does\will happen=people tend to fly way off the handle.I have carried for several years and have stayed away from any sort of confrontation and do not want any but i see alot of what i would call hot heads\nuts ready to go off and in any of these cop shows you see whenever there is a gun pulled the one with the gun is the bad guy.I fully understand my responsibility in carring a gun and i know the difference of when to pull it out or not and i also know it depends on the cop that shows up but like they say it is better to get tryed by six than carried by six.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I was not threatened just saw what happens when someone gets hot,seems like in this liberal society whenever something goes wrong=crap doeswill happen=people tend to fly way off the handle.I have carried for several years and have stayed away from any sort of confrontation and do not want any but i see alot of what i would call hot headsnuts ready to go off and in any of these cop shows you see whenever there is a gun pulled the one with the gun is the bad guy.I fully understand my responsibility in carring a gun and i know the difference of when to pull it out or not and i also know it depends on the cop that shows up but like they say it is better to get tryed by six than carried by six.

Ummm A jury has 12 people on it!! and if you use deadly force (drawing your weapon) without deadly force being used on you, you will be the one in the wrong, and being tried by 12!! Just sayin!! :D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Stay in the car...your first responsibility is to avoid conflict or flee...the LTCH does not give you permission to be aggressive...just defensive....

While I agree that it's prudent to leave the area if possible to avoid putting yourself at unecessary risk, YOU DO NOT HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO FLEE OR OTHERWISE DEPART THE SCENE. If you are doing nothing illegal, you have NO DUTY TO RETREAT.

Aggressive/defensive vs. retreat/stand your ground have NOTHING to do with each other. Of course you can't be the aggressor but that doesn't mean you have to run away.

lol don't shoot through the window or you will be that guy in court (unless of coarse you saw him reach behind his back after telling you how he was going to shoot, stab, or kill you) . otherwise if you can't drive off wait for him to break out your window or something extremely hostile on his part, if you don't you will be in court and in that case you better hope a bunch of people like me and e5ranger are on your jury.

its like the guy who shot the kid who broke into his vehicle and then ran off down the street and he shot him. your in deep water.

There is a big diffence between you fighting off someone actively attacking your occupied vehicle, even if they haven't yet breached the perimeter of vehicle, & shooting someone as they ran away from breaking into your vehicle when you're not in it since on the one hand they are still a threat & on the other they aren't. I'll let you figure out which is which.

IN law allows a deadly force exception to stop or prevent an attack on your occupied vehicle as long as a "reasonable person" in your position would have done the same thing.

I was not threatened just saw what happens when someone gets hot,seems like in this liberal society whenever something goes wrong=crap doeswill happen=people tend to fly way off the handle.

OMG. :rolleyes: So now society is the way it is because of liberals? I guess it just couldn't be that a conservative, redneck, "kill-em-all-and-let god-sort-em-out", capitalistic, greed-fueled, materialistic mentality might be as big a part of the problem? Liberals are the only hot heads? You need to get out more & take off the blinders.

I have carried for several years and have stayed away from any sort of confrontation and do not want any but i see alot of what i would call hot headsnuts ready to go off and in any of these cop shows you see whenever there is a gun pulled the one with the gun is the bad guy.

Uh, yeah. That's because it's a cop show & they are shown going after BG's.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I stopped at a stoplight behind two trucks on my way to work once when one of the drivers got out and went to the cab of the other truck. I figured they must be buddies or something, but when the other guy opened his door, the one on the ground dragged him out and they started throwing punches. No idea what started it, but I just called 911, reported it, and kept going to work.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    and always remember kids..if ya shoot 'em..kill 'em....then its your story against a dead mans..

And if you do that & it can be proven that is a great way to never have to worry about paying for food or rent again. It will all be paid for you by Uncle Mitch (at least until they throw the switch).

The goal of self-defense is stopping the attack, not killing the other person. If the other guy stops attacking you & you kill him anyway so "it's your story against a dead man's" then you are a murderer.

Good luck with that.

Top Bottom