• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Can someone give me an average cost for an Attorney to help me appeal my 2nd Amendment Right to have a LTCH.
    Marion County mailed me a denial letter on 7/7 but I never received it. I called back for a copy and got the second one. The ISP is set to deny it but my paperwork won't be mailed for 2 weeks. I have some time to prepare for the hearing and get paperwork togethter.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd contact INGOer Kirk Freeman to ask about average costs associated with such a case.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the denial reason? If you do mind sharing, good luck!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'd contact INGOer Kirk Freeman to ask about average costs associated with such a case.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the denial reason? If you do mind sharing, good luck!
    Why not. What the heck. If you go read the link I posted on this page https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-anyone_have_successful_appeals_for_lthc.html you'll probably get the idea where my problem is as far as with ISP denial.
    With the MCSD I totally forgot about a misdameanor from 22 years ago that I plead guilty to so I wouldn't get tied up with court costs, attorney fees etc. I just paid $100.00 fine and that was the end of it. It really was a bogus event. I never should have asked the girl to party.:):
    I was honest on my app. about everything but that one 22 year old incident I forgot all about.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    One other thing they may be skeptical about is an incident where I was arrested in a domestic situation. I was involved in a violent relationship with a violent woman who had me arrested after she beat me up. I tried holding her to keep her from hitting me and in the event I apparently scratched her somewhere. She was drunk at the time it happened and the LEO had to tell her to shutup and get inside the house. I had quite a few scratches from it but was arrested anyway and spent Thanksgiving weekend in jail. I was never convicted of that and wasn't about to plead guilty. I don't believe in striking women. All this garbage was 13 years ago and that's the last time I had any trouble. No more women that drink like fish and I prefer to live alone with my son. I'm a non-violent pro life person and I need my ltch for personal protection, shooting range, hunting etc. That pretty much wraps it up.
    The End!

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    man my cousin went through the same thing.they took his gun from him and it took him a lot of time and money to get his stuff taken care of.good luck to ya man hope all goes well for ya.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, it doesn't look like the Lautenberg Amendment will play a part, since you weren't convicted of domestic violence. The leaving out of the misdemeanor is what probably snagged you up. There was a similar thread about someones mom in a similar situation not too long ago. She went to her hearing said she just forgot it, since it was a long time ago and they accepted that. As I recall she didn't even have an attorney. Wouldn't hurt to consult with one, tho. Hope it all works out for you!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Well good luck and be sure to report back as things progress. :yesway:
    I will. I got a bad feeling about council being extreme anti-gun advocates and its going to make it difficult. I may be wrong. My son no longer lives with me and I'm hoping the folks at the appeals hearing can step outside the box and see it as I do.:patriot:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    hmmm?

I would never forget that I had ever been convicted of a misdemeanor.

Im curious to just how you simply "forgot" you were convicted of something, especially if you know you weren't guilty. It did not cross your mind at all when filling that application out:dunno:

Before you went to fill out your LTCH were you smokin that crazy stuff
    I hear the kids talk about??:):

"my rant"
    Hell I remember getting in trouble with the law at 7 for shooting the neighbor boy with a sling shot, " for getting on "my" property:D I even remember the details, how the police came to the door and told my dad, he came and got me, with the sling shot, marched me out front with the police officer and smashed my new slingshot against the steps! I got a good teachin from the officer and my dad at the same time. before the officer left my dad whopped my behind and knocked me off me feet as im walking up the steps
    I remember this and it was 25 years ago.

BearArms
    Im pulling your chain just a little,

I hope you get your LTCH, Its a bum deal it will just take some process and patience. Im sure "they" will see your a respectable working citizen and will have no problem reviewing your situation with a lawer on your side. It just sucks that a little forgetting will and is going to cost you.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    One other thing they may be skeptical about is an incident where I was arrested in a domestic situation. I was involved in a violent relationship with a violent woman who had me arrested after she beat me up. I tried holding her to keep her from hitting me and in the event I apparently scratched her somewhere. She was drunk at the time it happened and the LEO had to tell her to shutup and get inside the house. I had quite a few scratches from it but was arrested anyway and spent Thanksgiving weekend in jail. I was never convicted of that and wasn't about to plead guilty. I don't believe in striking women. All this garbage was 13 years ago and that's the last time I had any trouble. No more women that drink like fish and I prefer to live alone with my son. I'm a non-violent pro life person and I need my ltch for personal protection, shooting range, hunting etc. That pretty much wraps it up.
    The End!

Sorry you got messed up with a woman like that. I had almost exactly the same thing happen. My ex was a mean manic depressive jekyl & hyde type. She was trashing the house, throwing stuff and screaming when the cops showed up. She had scratches from flailing around like an idiot and answered ''yes'' when the cops asked if I put the scratches on her because she was mad at me. I never touched the biotch! They cuffed me and stuffed me, didn't matter what I said. A few days later my idiotic ex wife felt bad and admitted to my lawyer that she false reported on me out of rage. The charges were dropped, but the arrest is still on file. I got my LTCH with no problems ten yrs later. It's got to be the misdemeanor you forgot about. I have two misdemeanors on my record from when I was 18 & 19 for drag racing (criminal recklessness) and another for punching a smart alec in the mouth for talking trash to my girlfriend. Niether of those were any problem for me, but I didn't forget to mention them either.
    I would certainly appeal.
    Good luck!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

Im curious to just how you simply "forgot" you were convicted of something, especially if you know you weren't guilty. It did not cross your mind at all when filling that application out:dunno:

"my rant"
    Hell I remember getting in trouble with the law at 7 for shooting the neighbor boy with a sling shot, " for getting on "my" property:D I even remember the details, how the police came to the door and told my dad, he came and got me, with the sling shot, marched me out front with the police officer and smashed my new slingshot against the steps! I got a good teachin from the officer and my dad at the same time. before the officer left my dad whopped my behind and knocked me off me feet as im walking up the steps
    I remember this and it was 25 years ago.

BearArms
    Im pulling your chain just a little,

I hope you get your LTCH, Its a bum deal it will just take some process and patience. Im sure "they" will see your a respectable working citizen and will have no problem reviewing your situation with a lawer on your side. It just sucks that a little forgetting will and is going to cost you.
    Yank away! I can take a whoopin.:) 22 yrs. is a long time. I forgot a paper I had to get notorized last week along with other papers. I got home and there it was on the table.:):
    It's not a uncommon to forget about something your trying to leave behind in your past. It just didn't dawn on me at the time. Honest mistake. I was truthful about everything else.
    Although it did hold me up with MCSD, it's not the misdemeanor that concerns me.
    The problem will be getting the court to consider my app. and see my reason for concern about the other events and how it has given me, shall I say, a stamp of disapproval.
    I wouldn't forget this:Man arrested with gun at Indy airport

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I agree from earlier posts, Kirk Freeman is one of best 2nd.
    Amendment Rights Attorney in Indiana you can talk to.
    1-765-429-7035 :patriot:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Who is "council"?
    Well, when you look at some of the events I've posted about you may figure it out. If Carl Brizzi new someone used kids in such a manner he'd have their arses in a frying pan. It's these set of events and more I have not posted that has put the hault to my LTCH. Now I have to fight for my right to bear arms because of someones wacko games that made me feel like my son and I could possibly be in danger. Who do you seek for professional advice when you have a concerns like this? There lies the answer to your question. If you look back at past posts you'll see the picture. Theft, wacko emails, threats etc.

Last edited:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I keep $10K available for an attorney. Gawd only knows when one may need one... You know Lawyers are like Nukes, everyone needs them, but if you ever have to use them, the **** everything up...

INGunGuy

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I keep $10K available for an attorney. Gawd only knows when one may need one... You know Lawyers are like Nukes, everyone needs them, but if you ever have to use them, the **** everything up...

INGunGuy
    Funds are going to be a problem if were talking thousands. I may try to do this on my own because of that. What are the chances I wonder? The forgotten misd. I don't think will be the problem.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Funds are going to be a problem if were talking thousands. I may try to do this on my own because of that. What are the chances I wonder? The forgotten misd. I don't think will be the problem.

This is just what I keep to make sure I have some funds on hand for a lawyer. I have no idea how much a lawyer would cost to help you get your LTCH.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

INGunGuy

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

No. I don't smoke pot or do any drugs. I might have a beer once a month.:rolleyes:
    The only reason for the rave is that I'm stuck with having to defend against the other problem, otherwise I would have let it go and moved on. The honest mistake on the misdameanor is not the problem. I know your just yankin my chain. I can take a joke. If you read the details of the other problems I now face, I don't consider them a joke, nor did I at the time.:patriot:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Barearms1776,

I am certain that there is a very wide range of fees, not including the going to court fees.

That said, I have to pay 1/2 of a mediators fee here in Allen County before I can actually go to trial. His cost is $190 / Hour.

Hope this gives you a starting point (and a warning.)

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom