• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    When I get my tax refund, I plan on purchasing a hand gun and possibly a cheap 12 or 20 gauge shot gun. I did go look at Gander Mountain and Farve's on Fruitridge. I prefer to buy local if I buy new. I need to get up to Patriots. While at Farve's, the one I liked the most for what I want (affordable to buy and shoot) was a Walther P22 for $329. That is about how much I want to spend and I am not opposed to buying used. Especially if I can spend less. I been looking in the classifieds every day or every other day. Won't be until late next month or March when I have the money. I will get the LTCP at some point, but for first I don't know if I will. The main reason I am getting a gun is to have fun shooting at a range or out in the country at friends house (bucket list to shoot some sort of automatic weapon like an AK or something). I figure I can get a shotgun for dirt cheap here, that isn't a worry.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    A 22 pistol is a good cheap way to have fun. You can shoot all day for about $20. A shotgun can be fun as well, but you have to determine what you are going to use it for. If you want some tactical home defense it will be one thing, if you want it to take out and shoot at the range then thats another. And then there are hunting shotguns....etc.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Oh... duh... I just saw your handle.... I don't know of any good shops in your town..... but if you make the drive to the Indy area..... Good deals and inventory can be found at both Bradis and Elmore's Firearms...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It isn't very far to Marshall. Check out Lost Creek Trading Post on route 1 down south of old U.S. 40/Archer ave.
    You probably know there's a gun shop in Brazil. I've never been to it (yet).

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I don't know if this little fact will bother you about the P22, but it did me. That particular model can develop some significant slide wear. I'm a little anal about things, so I traded that particular gun to someone that didn't mind. I recommend a little Googlage for more information.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Before you jump on the P22 I would offer a suggestion to check out the Ruger SR22 pistol. I just recently saw on of the advertisers on here say he had a few in stock for 305. I own a walther p22 and love it. However I cannot wait until I get my hands on the ruger.

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    I over heard some of the employees talking at gander mountain yesterday and they are suppose to have some huge sale on firearms coming up in the February add. They guy mentioned a 1911 they are knocking down by 500 bucks and Bushmaster AR for 699. If you wan to buy local, I'd wait and see what kind of adds they have coming out the next couple weeks.

bhyman9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    As far as a shotgun goes you could always go with a Remington 870 12 gauge and could use it for home and clays.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Chances are, I will probably buy used off someone on here (as in 90% more then likely). If I buy new, I will go to one of two local gun shops (Farve's and Patriots).

this is the best way to buy a gun....or anything listed on ingo classifieds....it's supporting the local economy and the ingo neighborhood

besides you deal with reputable people and get good deals(99.9999% of the time):ingo:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I will have to make a decision soon. Stopped by Top Guns today and put $75 down on a Walther P22. Now they don't have any and don't know when they will get some in. If I pay enough to have it and they don't have one, I can put the money on a different gun or wait. I will probably just get a different one if they don't by then.

The two other guns I am considering beside the P22 is a Ruger MKIII or a Sig Mosquito (by suggestion of the shop owner). The Ruger is a love/hate buy for me. I like it because it looks older by design. What I don't like is how big it is and how heavy it is. If I decide to carry after I get a LTCH, I don't think that is a very carryable gun.

Top Bottom