• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I hate these things.. I live on a VERY small lot, and yet again, a rabbit decided to use my backyard to have its babies... this means that every single time I let the dog out she goes crazy and barks and makes the neighbors mad. Well I found them before her this year and have 4 of them around 6 inch's long. I don't want to let them go elsewhere because they will just grow up and eat my garden like the others. I can dispatch of them humanely if i need to, but wasn't sure if there was a market out there. Maybe someone would want them to feed a boa constrictor or something.

If anybody wants them or knows someone that does, or has an idea otherwise let me know or i will dispatch them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My cats take care of them for me. I found a nest in the garden one day this spring. Uncovered it and the next day, the nest was empty. Good kitties....too bad they didn't get them all since I now have others eating my plants in the garden.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Found one with the lawnmower once when I was a kid. That was at least quick. If they haven't found a home by tomorrow, I'll come get them. I have another young one in my yard, may trap that and do some breading. Er, breeding. Breading comes later.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We went threw the whole bottle feed thing a few years in a row. What a lot of work! I like my bunnies but hate the damn squirrels! Best of luck.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Well, some neighorhood kids decided they wanted to try and take care of them, so i set them up with a dog cage, blanket, and a few other things.... if theys survive more than a few days, ill post back on here because their mother says they can only keep them until they are "healthy".... whatever that means. I doubt those kids have the capacity to care for them, but it will be a good life lesson for them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Conservation officers will be along shortly to kick in the kids front door and euthanize all animals in sight. Maybe maybe not. But I would check to see if it's legal to keep a "game animal" even if they are trying to save it. There are some very stupid laws concerning wild animals. They don't care if you are trying to do the kind thing or not. They'll come without the lube!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Make sure they check them for ticks! Every baby bunny I have handled have had a few. If they will eat they will be fine. It's best not to handle them. If you do use a rag. if they make it 3-4 days they should be fine. put grass bedding in the box. When they start to nibble you can set them free in a few more days after that. Best of luck to the bunny's.

Top Bottom