What should my wife and I name our soon-to-come son? (POLL!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Help name our upcoming baby boy!

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    (Update!!!!) Was a baby name poll...we choose a different name. Pics inside.

Just felt slightly obligated to update and bump this thread.

Henry Dean AKA "Hank" was born 5/3 and is happy and healthy! Thanks for everyone's suggestions, we eventually agreed on Henry and are happy with our choice :)

And, we will be looking for a Henry lever-action for him in a few years ;)

BFE75E52.jpg

405EF74B.jpg

A4B70B3B.jpg

7E6D5304.jpg

We have a three year old son named Conrad, and a new boy due to arrive the first week of May. I have a preference on this list, my wife Katie has a preference, and the third choice is one we both like as an option. The middle name is already decided and will be Dean, which is my fathers middle name.

So, INGO, which name do you like? Thanks for voting, my wife and I will get a kick out of this, and it may even guide our decision a bit.

Thanks!

ALSO, I am going to abstain from voting until at least 10 votes have been made, so my influence is not detectable.

Last edited:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Also....we aren't totally stuck on these three. If we come across another name that we both like, thats what we may go with. So, feel free to throw out some other ideas if you wish!

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    LOL that is actually one of the things that backs us off of Nelson. Though, I like Nelson's character. I imagine that by the time the little guy is in school, the Simpson's won't be very culturally relevant anyway.

If I would have bet on that same statement ten years ago, though, I would be a big loser!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    names are so subject to mental association.

Example

Marshall: spineless metrosexual quasi-geek on "How I Met Your Mother."

Nelson: already mentioned above :rolleyes:

Harrison: Ford, in the early days, like Star Wars/Indiana Jones early, bang him like a storm door in a hurricane (not so much now). That five o'clock shadow thing with the fedora tilted just so. Mmmmm. Wait, where was I? Yeah, baby names.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Where are the options for first names?

j/k!!!!!!!! No worries, my son and I both have 3 last names. Its just something I tend to notice ;)

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    All are horrible names. You should name him Carl. With a name like Carl, he can either be a solid bowler or a black cop from Chicago with a dorky neighbor that is in love with his daughter or maybe even a pervert that hangs out at truck stops looking for lot lizards. You have to pick something that will give the boy some great opportunities in life.

Top Bottom