• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Leave it to you Allen to breath new life into a rusty old hulk. Amazing to watch. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. I like the parkerized concept, dyerwatcher's suggestion of Colt royal blue would look great too. Whatever you finally decide, I'm sure it will turn out beautiful.

Thanks Mark,
    It's almost a sickness. I like bringing things back to life. It was the same with cars too. Drives my wife nuts the money I have spent on projects. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    your Colt frame is a 1917 and the slide is from WWII....it has went through the Rock Island Armory........it still has some of the parkerizing on it from the refub ........is it what be called and "mix master"......watch shooting modern loads in it and the frame rails where not heat treated.....i would reparkerize it no buffing and the roll marks would look better....

flaming bomb is an military inspectors mark...

Rather than add my 2 cents I scrolled down until I found someone who nailed it...Glitch did....There are many guys that can duplicate the WW2 parkerizing job, that and a old set of ww2 brown keyes grips and she will be all ready to "coonfinger" while you watch "Band of Brothers".....

IMHO ofcourse....

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Check out my photo album for an original colt from 1918. My mom bought it from a lady in the 80's for $20. I inherited it. All original except the barrel bushing and rearsenal at some point. Even have 2 original mags!

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I know you said parkerized.

Engraved with your choice of theme.

Royal blue with ivory grips.

Everybody wants a least one engraved pistol.

No offense, but it's a mutt. No harm to a collectable.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I know you said parkerized.

Engraved with your choice of theme.

Royal blue with ivory grips.

Everybody wants a least one engraved pistol.

No offense, but it's a mutt. No harm to a collectable.

That is pretty close to what I had in mind originally. But like someone else said, there is something about the done that been there kind of look that is growing on me.
    No offense taken I know there is no serious collector value but the history is interesting none the less.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is pretty close to what I had in mind originally. But like someone else said, there is something about the done that been there kind of look that is growing on me.
    No offense taken I know there is no serious collector value but the history is interesting none the less.

It is seriously interesting when something like this comes along. What to do with it. How do I honor what history is there but make a period honored piece.
    Yeah, it is kind of a mutt but any antique or muscle car restoration usually ends up with a lot of different parts/pieces new and old to make it complete.
    In the end it is your choice.

Top Bottom