• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    i finally have my base guns i need and a good stockpile of ammo (ill always be adding) but im gonna start buying some accesories but i wanna get which ones are more important first. heres what i plan on getting

Mount and Light for AR15
    Light for Glock19
    Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    Magazines for AR15 (have 9)
    Magazines for Glock19 (have 3)
    Load Bearing Gear

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It seems like your Glock 19 is your current EDC. So, if it was me, I would buy a light. But get a handheld EDC light.

Buy some more mags for your Glock too. You would need a couple mags for the range, and another couple for carry and self defense.

Take care of your EDC first, then take care of your AR.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think that you could get by with 3 mags for your GLOCK. I personally hate reloading them at the range so I have 6 or 8, but that's just me. I disagree with lovemachine though, use all your mags at the range. This way if there's ever a problem with one, hopefully it will show at the range, and not when SHTF and you need your carry gun.

Getting back to your list I would probably buy in this order.

Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    Load Bearing Gear
    Magazines for Glock19 (have 3)
    Magazines for AR15 (have 9)
    Light for Glock19
    Mount and Light for AR15

I will, however, go on record here and say that I'm not a big light guy, so that's why those are lower on my list. AND the fact that I want to do some competitions and training puts the load gear higher on my list.

:twocents:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I say lights first (Glock, then AR)
    Glock mags next
    sling next
    load bearing gear
    and lastly ar mags (9 seems plenty for me)

I say lights first because I would use my handgun to fight my way to my rifle in a "bump in the night" situation and I want to be able to ID the target. Mags for your EDC next. I am not a fan of slings on HD long guns so I would get a QD sling, or something you can put on for the range, but take off when its not needed. and like I said, load gear before mags because you probably wont be carrying more than 9 mags at once anyways.

:twocents:

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    1. Magazines for Glock19 (have 3) (6 more at least)
    2. Magazines for AR15 (have 9) (another 18 at least)
    3. Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    4. Load Bearing Gear
    5. Light for Glock19
    6. Mount and Light for AR15

Just my thoughts on the matter.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    1. Magazines for Glock19 (have 3) (6 more at least)
    2. Magazines for AR15 (have 9) (another 18 at least)
    3. Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    4. Load Bearing Gear
    5. Light for Glock19
    6. Mount and Light for AR15

Just my thoughts on the matter.

This is my thought too.

Handheld lights have been used for years by me and lots of other folks. The firearm will work without a light mounted on it just fine, but it will be difficult to operate without a supply of magazines.

Weapon mounted lights should be the last thing to buy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1. Magazines for Glock19 (have 3)
    2. Light for Glock19
    3. Mount and Light for AR15
    4. Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    5. Magazines for AR15 (have 9)
    6. Load Bearing Gear

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    right now im getting mixed opinions lol. magazines first or lights. with a mix of load bearing gear and slings.

here is what i got so far. im still looking for options

1. Light for G19
    2. Magazines for G19
    3. Sling and Mount
    4. Load Bearing Gear
    5. Magazines for AR15
    6. Light for AR15

more options please

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    A
    right now im getting mixed opinions lol. magazines first or lights. with a mix of load bearing gear and slings.

here is what i got so far. im still looking for options

1. Light for G19
    2. Magazines for G19
    3. Sling and Mount
    4. Load Bearing Gear
    5. Magazines for AR15
    6. Light for AR15

more options please

I would go with the list you already have thought of. I have a streamlight tlr1 for my glock 22 and I like it on there and not seperate because I just want to have to grab one thing if I do here a bump in the night. Its nice to not have to reload at at the range but I say a couple more mags is plenty. Sling just because. Mags for your AR I think that would be last on my list. How much are you really gonna shoot in one range trip. If you have 30 round mags 30 times 9 is 270 rounds and that's not reloading at all .light for the AR. Its more for looks how often are you gonna use it on your AR?.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Honestly, think about how many mags you carry every day. If you only carry the one in the gun, then 3 mags is fine. If you carry 1 in the gun and 2 on your belt, then I would have around 5 or 6 (total). You have 9 ar mags already, this is plenty (and depends on how you will carry them). With one in the gun, maybe one attached to that one (or in a redi mag) that leaves you 7 loaded up and ready to rock. The 7 extra mags are only going to do you any good if you can grab them and load the gun quickly with them. a rail mounted light for the Glock would also work on the rails of your ar too, so the ar light could go down on the list. I have already stated my opinion on the sling (no need unless you plan on carrying the rifle a long distance and it just gets in the way when you aren't using it).
    With that said, I would like to reorder my list...

1. Handgun mags (if you carry extras ON you) [if not drop this to number 2]
    2. Handgun light (can be used on rails of AR)
    3. load bearing gear (to carry the AR mags you already have)
    4. AR light (so you can have both guns set up w/o transferring lights)
    5. AR mags (so you can replace bad ones and have a few extras)
    6. AR Sling

again, just my opinion, but really consider what you will be using the guns for. If you need more mags now, get them first, if not get something else. If you carry your rifle a lot get a sling now, if not wait. If you want to train with a lot of mags on you to practice reloads, get the load bearing gear. And if you are worried about night visability get lights. This is all about your "mission" and what you decide is "Mission essential gear"

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    see in not exactly sure what my mission is yet. i really just like making sure im prepped for whatever happens. thats why personally id like to get the load bearing gear/sling first since i dont have them. then get the lights then get the mags since i already have some. you can never have too many mags :rockwoot: but they just arent my priority first since i dont have any other the other stuff yet. make sense? i was just looking for opinions. so i guess really i just need to figure out my mission

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    1) Glock mags
    2) sling
    3) load bearing gear
    4) AR mags
    5 &6) lights.
    Personally, I would just get a very good quality led flashlight for home use instead of weapon lights. I would think an ultrabright led in your home would be an advantage. In a SHTF situation, I think it would be a liability and might give away your position.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    yea that makes sense... i think there are just too many variables for me to choose. ill probably end up tallying the votes at the end of this thread and choose from then on. so more opinions!

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    1-Light for Glock19
    2-Magazines for Glock19 (have 3)
    3-Sling Mount and Sling for AR15
    4-Load Bearing Gear
    5-Magazines for AR15 (have 9)
    6-Mount and Light for AR15

My reasoning is that it's easier to operate your weapon and a light effectively if they're attached. A non weapon mounted light works for some, but not all. You need more pistol mags, and a comfortable way to carry your AR before more ar mags. 9 mags IMO constitutes a method of carrying them if SHTF whether it be a BOB that you can have slung around your neck/shoulder to reload from, or a rig of some sort to carry them in.

I personally have AR 8 mags in a BOB, 8 mags in my chest rig, and 8 mags in my ruck giving me 240rds no matter what I grab to go. I designed it this way to be standard across the board. Now I need more pistol mags because I intend on doing the same for it as I did my AR, I just wish the pistol mags cost the same as a P-mag. lol

Top Bottom