• ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    i believe my arguement does.
    their is alot of dangerous gun handling in their store. with out the sign, quite often those weapons would be loaded and handled that way. the sign is not going to stop everybody, but hopefully people will read it, and at least make a mental note to leave their loaded weapon in the holster. if they want to show it off, then it had better be empty.
    the sign says No loaded firearms. if they changed it to keep all firearms holstered, someone would break that rule, they would ask them to leave, and then we would have another person on here crying about they were mistreated, and all butt hurt because some one asked them to follow the rules.
    lgs cant please everyone. they change the sign, someone wont like the new one. no sign and someone will try to sue when something bad happens and they will blame the lgs.

IT does not. The point Scutter has made which has been repeatedly ignored is that if this were a legal/risk issue GM, Dicks, and all the chain stores would be doing it too. The fact that they do not appear to be concerned about this should be good evidence that the concern is not viable.

You may be correct in your assumptions though that the LGS THINKS it will provide them some defense. If this is the case, they are probably mistaken. Closed claims are full of people being sued after clearly warning other persons of dangerous conditions etc. I would hope that in IN a jury would realize that the stupidity belongs to the owner of the ND not the LGS though.

The endgame of this all though is the whole "gunfree zone" argument. how can someone that believes that this is a ridiculous concept find a gunstore that enforces it to be anything but hypocritical? Their store, their rules. fine. Their store is not my store.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I'm shopping for a holster or accessory I leave that weapon unloaded. If just browsing I carry as usual with one in the pipe under good Kydex. If I really feel compelled to be armed while shopping for a holster or other accessory I would bring a BUG. Simple, like many good solutions. Why science this out so much?

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    The 2A is a limitation on the gov, not on citizens.

Yeah, I learned that when I went to law school.

If a store owner posts "No Loaded Firearms" you can question his motives all you want, but if you enter with a loaded firearm you have trespassed. Trespassing is a crime.

With any right comes responsibility. You have a right to carry, but to preserve that right you must carry responsibly. Disregarding a clear posting becuase you presume the owner only put it up there for insurance reasons simply isn't responsible.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I understand customer service, and being nice to those that choose to walk in the door. But if I get a customer that doesn't follow the rules that are posted in BOLD at the front door, i'd probably be the same way. it's for the protection of the employees..

Technically it really doesn't matter why, it's their rule so I'll shop elsewhere. Let's at least be candid here. It's to satisfy their insurance company and it is a feel good ploy at best.

Top Bottom