• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I don't know what to think anymore. They just reversed a law here in Indiana that kept registered sex offenders off of social networks like facebook, but they want to make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own guns. These are CONVICTED child and sex offenders and we are concerned about their "rights" and not those of the innocent children they prey on in social network sites. However, the rights of citizens with clean records is being trampled on by the same lawmakers and legal system out of shear ignorance and fear. How on earth can someone argue that these offenders free speech rights should trump those of law abiding citizens. To me, this is the equivalent of giving someone a gun permit if they had been convicted of a crime in the past, and we all know that isn't going to happen. If it did, we would all stand up and say how crazy it is to give a convicted criminal a legal right to own the very thing that could give them the power to commit another crime. To think that these people that have preyed on children or innocent victims should be able to use the exact tools (facebook, twitter, etc) that will lead to the exact same crimes shows how sick and warped our system is right now. The majority of gun owners are some of the most stable and intelligent people I have ever come across. This is merely my opinion, but all sex offenders and child predators are some of the sickest people walking the streets. I think I'm safe in assuming we can agree that is a fact. The media did a small blurb on this story last night and I actually got sick to my stomach. This should be getting attention everywhere, but it won't. It is much easier to get fired up over guns than it is about facebook acounts but the long term damage done by sex abuse is irreversible. I've personally known people that have been the victims of sexual abuse and they are damaged for life. I just don't know where these lawmakers' and judges' priorities are at anymore. They are quick to stand up for a child molester's 1A rights, but a law abiding gun owner is somehow not as important or assumed wacko with bad intentions. I don't know how they can **** on the constitution and bill of rights when it comes to the 2A and law abiding citizens, but turn around and use it to benefit an already convicted person of some of the most heinous crimes imaginable, crimes that scar emotionally for life. I am so scared of what this country is becoming and the problems my two young children are going to have to face. When are citizens like us going to truly do something and put people in office that can actually see how sick the system is. Rant over. I'm just so discouraged right now that I had to get it out.:xmad::(

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    A ban from social networks for convicted sex offenders was stupid and deserved to be overturned. Some folks are predators, others were 19 and got marked for life for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriend.

I don't like sex offenders any more than the next person, but I'm fairly certainly nobody has ever been sexually assaulted via the internet.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    A ban from social networks for convicted sex offenders was stupid and deserved to be overturned. Some folks are predators, others were 19 and got marked for life for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriend.

I don't like sex offenders any more than the next person, but I'm fairly certainly nobody has ever been sexually assaulted via the internet.

Sexual assult and pedophilia are rampant on the internet!

Just a quick link: Online Child Sting Operation Catches 23 Pedophiles At Florida Home | Bossip

That said the law was reversed because it probably infringed on Constitutional rights.

It should be up to parents to educate and police their children's internet activities.

The internet is a dangerous place, if you know where to look you will find every vice and despicable crime imagined advertized!

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    You must be joking. This is where a ton of these cases originate. Predators surf these sites like child molesters used to park a van outside of schools. If you think no one gets molested via the internet, you have your head in the sand.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Sexual assult and pedophilia are rampant on the internet!

Just a quick link: Online Child Sting Operation Catches 23 Pedophiles At Florida Home | Bossip

That said the law was reversed because it probably infringed on Constitutional rights.

It should be up to parents to educate and police their children's internet activities.

The internet is a dangerous place, if you know where to look you will find every vice and despicable crime imagined advertized!

correct. However, don't you forfeit some of your rights as a convicted felon?

richieray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Kewanna
    The point that is being missed here is that "gun control" isn't about taking away rights as much as it is taking away means of resistance. If the government can get our guns then we can't fight back. That in turn will allow them to do anything they want without worrying about the people revolting cause they will have nothing to fight with

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    A Some folks are predators, others were 19 and got marked for life for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriend.

I believe this is incorrect. From my understanding there is a 4 year buffer.

Consensual age is I believe is 15yo (fact check?) as long as you are not more than 4 years older.

So if you are 20 years old, you can have consensual sex with a 16 year old.

(fact check this for accuracy tho... maybe some of the LEO's can chime in?)

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I think my rant was misconstrued. I'm simply upset that everyone is concerned with the rights of convicted criminals, but not ours as law abiding gun owners. We as gun owners are demonized in the media, but the pedophiles and sex offenders are getting a ton of their rights fought for. Heck, even on here some are very "whatever" to the idea of pedophiles talking to their kids over the internet. If you think you can keep a teenager away from social media, your kidding yourself. You can do all the parenting in the world and one bad decision can lead to a bad situation for your kid. My wife was a special victims prosecutor for 5 years and some of the things that were initiated over the internet would shock you. Otherwise smart kids with great parents were lured in by a savy internet predator. I'm just sick of gun owners being portrayed as wacko nutjobs, but the sicko's are having their rights fought for.

Last edited:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I have no problem arming convicted felons.shall not be infringed , right?. If they cannot be trusted with all of their rights, why were they set free?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

It is impossible to forfeit unalienable rights. If rights are granted by nature of being alive, call them god given, natural law -- any name you so choose. If they are innate, they cannot be forfeit. They are rights. To say that they may be forfeit or removed is to agree with the idea that they are privileges subject to political whim. Either a right is an absolute guaranteed by god/nature/life, or it is a revocable privilege held only at the behest of those in power. They cannot be both. It must be one or the other.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana

I could care less if child molesters lose their internet surfing rights, but it is a slippery slope that could result in other categories of people losing those rights.

Some of the sex offenders banned from the internet could have been convicted of sex crimes other than child molestation...

It is the parents first and foremost responsibility to educate, protect and monitor their children's activities and that includes internet activities. Not the government!

Kinda like don't expect the LEOS to protect you when a burgular breaks in your home and you have no defense!

We are entering into an age where felony definitions are increasing, soon we may all be felons especially on the 2nd Amendment!

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I think my rant was misconstrued. I'm simply upset that everyone is concerned with the rights of convicted criminals, but not ours as law abiding gun owners. We as gun owners are demonized in the media, but the pedophiles and sex offenders are getting a ton of their rights fought for. Heck, even on here some are very "whatever" to the idea of pedophiles talking to their kids over the internet. If you think you can keep a teenager away from social media, your kidding yourself. You can do all the parenting in the world and one bad decision can lead to a bad situation for your kid. My wife was a special victims prosecutor for 5 years and some of the things that were initiated over the internet would shock you. Otherwise smart kids with great parents were lured in by a savy internet predator. I'm just sick of gun owners being portrayed as wacko nutjobs, but the sicko's are having their rights fought for.

I don't think that anyone is all "whatever" about their kids talking to pedophiles online. As a parent, it is MY JOB to monitor my 10 year old son's online activities. My son has a computer in his room. He is not permitted a facebook/myspace/twitter. He is allowed to use it for recreational as well as education purposes though. But as far as where he can go, what websites he can use or visit, it's up to me to keep track of these things. I don't want the government sticking it's snout into the business of my family anymore than you want the government telling you that you can't have more than 200 rounds of ammunition in your possession for any firearm you may own.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    After someone pays their debt to society they should not have their rights restricted. That's called prison. Once out they can be on facebook, live next to a school or do anything else.

The government trying to restrict personal, God-given rights should be expected at all times. It's what government does! It seeks to assume all power all of the time.

Somewhere the people have lost this knowledge most probably because government has taken over the teaching in our schools and wants it that way!

scottman06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Life is hard especially when your stupid

So today i read a comment that stated "The second amendment is an outdated and antique law that is no longer needed and should be repealed." I couldn't believe it when i read this, How does a person actually think this way. It totally blew my mind. The whole idea of our nation is that having the freedom to do what you want with in reason and without the persecution of the government. If guns where outlawed and banned, even if that led to a perfect peaceful society what would they say is bad next, music, free speech, salt, foods. The only comment i could make on this quote was wow.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    How does a person actually think this way?

They suffer from this condition...

image020.jpg

Not sure why your mind is blown.:dunno: This an incredibly common condition, especially on the interwebz.

Top Bottom