• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Great! Now a bunch of kids are gonna' go out, buy machine guns, and whack their mothers! Violence on TV will be to blame.

Yea, I don't agree with the stuff like that on tv these days. What ever happened to Tom and Jerry?

Notice how on her way falling down, one frame she had wounds out her back, and the next she did not. Good job animator and editor, I guess the violence is more important to them then the actual cartoon.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Notice how that last part when he falls down and crys for his "Mommy" reminds me of the Tucson shooting where the shooter whines that they were "hurting his arm"...

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    well since no one else did i guess i will actually try to answer. im assuming your talking about hollow points, although im not sure what that has to do with the clip. haha ;)

i'm no ballistic expert, so don't hold me to this, but it is my understanding that if you use regular hardball ammo as opposed to hollow points there is a greater chance of over penetration, ie. the bullet has a better chance of exiting the body. whereas the point of hollowpoints is to expand and idealy get caught in the body all while casuing more damage than the hardball. since hardball does not expand it cuts a clean path through the body very similar insize to the bullet. but the hollowpoints expand and cut through the body sort of twisting and ripping because of the expansion. this creates far more tissue damage therefore (idealy) making the round more effective. both can kill but hollowpoint is "supposed" to be better at it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yea, I don't agree with the stuff like that on tv these days. What ever happened to Tom and Jerry?

Notice how on her way falling down, one frame she had wounds out her back, and the next she did not. Good job animator and editor, I guess the violence is more important to them then the actual cartoon.

Actually Tom and Jerry cartoons are violent and racist. My wife bought a DVD for the boy who is 6 and loves old cartoons. Got looking at the package and it was rated TV14 because of content. Point is violence is nothing new in media. (though it does seem more prevalent now.).

I love family guy. But remember it is an adult cartoon and they do things for shook value.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    What happens when you don't carry Hollows? Well if you're not carrying hollows you would be carrying full metal jacket, which the police prefer because you're not carrying cop killa bullets. So what happens when you don't is you don't go to jail for killing someone in self defense, cuz you only put 2 little holes in someone rather than one big cop killa sized hole. Also if you don't carry hollows and you get caught packin heat you're only gonna get a charge of carrying a firearm, not carrying cop killin holos

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Love the old cartoons too!!!! You do realize they were extremely violent, often very political, and most were either separateness or racist right.

I guess you forgot about the "Aunt Jemimah" maid.

djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    Ok...I'll bite...what crossed your mind? :popcorn:

The bullets hitting her and still going. I thought hmm FMJ's lol.
    And as the other poster stated and she lived...thanks to the merman lol

Tom and Jerry still comes on Boomerang. Its pretty violent as well though, lol, getting blown up, hit with irons, pots and pans.
    Made me grow up thinking the food chain was
    Dogs eat cats
    cats eat mice
    mice eat cheese.

My dog loves cheese lol, maybe he's really a mouse:laugh:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Tom and Jerry did more with zero words than that show does in an entire season :D

That was a great episode though. I love how there was zero recoil.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The difference between todays cartoons and those we grew up with is not so much the violence, but more the plot lines that put a back story to the violence. Then, it was just the coyote getting smashed trying to eat the roadrunner. Now, there has to be a story behind it. Here's what happens when today's cartoon writers take a stab at the roadrunner:

Really funny stuff - When The Coyote catch The Road Runner… (4.3 Mb)

Top Bottom