What happened to the good deals on 223 ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm like most people on here who have struggled to find factory ammo or reloading components since the election. It seemed to me that for a while I was seeing some great deals on factory 223 ammo like cases of 1000 PMC FMJ for $300. Now I don't see any great deals like that anywhere and I was wondering if any of you knew of a good deal or had suggestions. I reload almost all my ammo, but the struggle to find reloading components has forced me into buying factory ammo here and there.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm like most people on here who have struggled to find factory ammo or reloading components since the election. It seemed to me that for a while I was seeing some great deals on factory 223 ammo like cases of 1000 PMC FMJ for $300. Now I don't see any great deals like that anywhere and I was wondering if any of you knew of a good deal or had suggestions. I reload almost all my ammo, but the struggle to find reloading components has forced me into buying factory ammo here and there.

Wish I could get the prices just a short few years ago out of my mind and also think $ 300.00 for PMC would be a good buy. Seems just like 3-4 years ago, at the Ft wayne gun show, I had a choice of either Radway green ( 900 rds in strippers and bando's ) or Lake City ( 1000 rds loose or 900 in strippers) for $ 190.00. This price seemed to hold for a couple of years. I remember well when it then started climbing up and it irked me to buy a 1000 rds at $ 250.00 kicking myself for passing it when it was 190. :xmad:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Believe it or not Dick's sporting goods has a good deal now on Remington 20round boxes of 223 for $7.99/box. About the best I have seen.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Yea that is better. Different ammo but if you don't mind the Wolf ammo than that is the way to go. I guess since he was talking about reloading that the Remington might interest him.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yea that is better. Different ammo but if you don't mind the Wolf ammo than that is the way to go. I guess since he was talking about reloading that the Remington might interest him.

Ran into a few guys down at Roush range and they were reloading the wolf cases. Never tried it myself in .223, but have been reloading their .45 ACP now for a few years. If worried about wearing or chipping the extractor, take $ 12.00 out of all you save from the first case and buy an extra extractor just in case.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I agree with everyone saying yo reload your own. Reloading is my primary source of ammo, but every now and then I find myself wanting to buy some ammo "just to have" laying around. I'm not a real big fan of the non-brass cased ammo, but in all fairness I haven't tried in a while either. I saw the silver bear 62gr JHP ammo for about $250 per 1000 the other day and that seemed pretty good to me.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    What happened to the .223 ammo in general? Several months ago I could find .223 ammo at Meijer, Walmart, and the local gun shop. Now if I can find a couple 20 round boxes a month I'm doing pretty good. But thanks to all for the links of where to find the ammo online. I've never ordered ammo online mostly because I'm kind of skeptical of online ordering in general, but with it being hard to find it around here, I think I'm going to have to give in and do it.

Top Bottom