• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The Items in my gun safe’s makes me look like the ultimate “slum lord”. I guess what I mean is, As long as it has a trigger and goes bang it’s for me!

Pictures’ worth a thousand words well here’s what I mean… here’s a picture of when I cleaned out one of the safes to update my serial number records (you’ll see what I mean)

IMG00158-20121122-1156.jpg

IMG00148-20121122-1149.jpg

I see more than a couple decidedly non-slummy ones in there! Very nice!:yesway::yesway:

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Pocket guns ... mostly pre-WWII .380's and smaller but some newer ones as well.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I like old Winchesters for awhile I collected model 94sAnd model 37s
    Got a couple 97s & 67s
    I also collected top break revolvers for
    awhile.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I (and my youngest son) am a hoarder er Collector of just about anything that fires bullets or balls. I have guns from the 1800's up to a LR 308 I just finished. I like all military guns - have kind of refrained from the old Japanese guns as they usually are not very good firearms. Have US Garand, M1 carbine, Russian, Swiss, Swedish, Italian, German, Romanian, Yugo, Turkish, English, etc. weapons - most from WW2 - a few from the first WW. Also like most Colts - don't own or want any Plastic guns - I know many love them - just not my cup of tea. Have modern rifles, pistols and shotguns - no old shotguns. I guess most older guns are fair game if the price is right.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I buy whatever looks good to me at the time, but I mostly go for real good shooters.
    No fun if I can't take them to the range. :)
    Mausers, Mosins, Finns, Swiss, etc., handful of WW II and older pistols. I don't usually go for newer pieces or hunting arms.

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I have been working on a Glock collection lately, got a couple more I want, a Gen4 21 and a Gen4 34 haven't been able to find any. After I find them, then its time to add to the Smith and Wesson collection.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    1911s and CZ style pistols. Both offer huge variations in what different manufacturers do with them. I have a modest 1911 collection just because I like them and the CZ style guns are interesting because of the different things the manufacturers do. My all time goad right now is to find an SAR K2 in 10mm. I don't know if a single one has made it to the US, but I'm still hopeful.

We also have a small Mosin Nagant collection, but that's on the decline with only 6 remaining. Once you find a really good Mosin, it's hard to take the lesser Mosins shooting. For me, that is a 1943 Finnish capture M91/30. For my son, it's a Westinghouse M91, also Finnish. The others are collecting dust right now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Finnish mosins... My dad and I have been hunting them for years. Not too good of luck lately!

There is nothing like the joy of finding a Finnish Mosin in with a rack full of crate grade rifles. My son's M91 was one of those finds. It is a 1917 Westinghouse built Mosin with SA stamps. We paid all of $130 for that one.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Really depends on what they break into my house with. Not really picky or a connoisseur, I just try to appreciate that they thought enough of me to come packin.

Top Bottom