• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    What types of guns do you collect and why?

Now that I have finished school and have been working for a couple of years I have been thinking about expanding my collection. A few years ago I met a professor who only collected Colts, he claimed he owned an example of every model Colt has produced. I have heard of people collecting WWII guns, tactical pieces, shotguns, etc. I think having a theme to your collection is pretty cool and have been thinking about maybe sticking to collecting a variety of firearms all chambered in one caliber (e.g. 9 mm - lots of places to go with this, HK, revolvers, camp carbine, 1911s, etc.). So what say you INGO, what firearms do you collect?:draw:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Detonics CombatMaster compact 1911 pistols . . . because they have done more to modernize the 1911 than any other company. Current Colts, Kimbers, Wessons, Wilsons, Nighthawks, etc all are using Detonics patents in their guns. Detonics was the first company to successfully solve the galling problem with stainless steel, so if you have a stainless semi-auto then you can thank Detonics.

I also have a modest collection CZ75 pistols, both production guns and limited edition engraved versions, etc.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I dabble in the T/C Contenders and Encores. I started because you can build them into several different configurations all on one receiver (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloader) but have continued because if you shop around you can get a barrel for under $100 sometimes. I have gone through over 100 different barrels since I started. Some are just for the pure wow factor. Try a 7-08 Remington in a 10" barrel if you want someones attention.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I wish I had the funds to collect!
    I'm working on my life and once it's in line (yeah right) I'll try to collect a few guns i've been after..
    I'm a sucker for old revolvers, as well as large caliber bolt actions.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lever action 22 rifles.
    Target 22's both pistol and rifle.

All of the rest have just kind of found there way to me. Was not really looking for them but they were looking for me.

I know a guy with a very large amount of colt pythons. He said he started with them because he had a few knew alot about them and he could fit many in one safe.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A little of this and a little of that....:D You will find that tastes and wants change over the years as a collection matures. Collect what you want. Good luck!! :D:D

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Pre lock stainless and nickle smith and wesson revolvers - never fail, never rust/pit and ALWAYS go up in value.
    Beretta autos from preWW2 to modern - Nothing better in fit and finish than a Beretta Auto - so pretty and so smooth to shoot - they also increase in value. Plus there is just something about Italian girls;)

Toss in a couple Brownings, springfields and rugers too but do not really collect those.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    At the moment I'm building a collection of World War I infantry rifles, inspired mostly by the fact the the centennial of said war begins next year. However, I'm into older, pre-Cold War military firearms in general and would like to gather some WWII guns sometime in the future if possible.
    Utimately, I'd like to have an example of the primary, standard-issue service rifle for each major participant in both world wars, and for WWI so far, I only lack representatives for the US, Russia, and the Ottoman Empire. I'm trying to make sure each rifle I obtain is as close to its original WWI configuration as possible, but that may be very difficult for Ottoman rifles, since it appears that in the 30s and 40s the Turkish Republic rechambered the vast majority of their contract Mausers from 7.65x53mm to 7.92x57mm. It's kind of funny how one's efforts to collect old firearms can have a massive wrench thrown into them by such things, especially if you're a detail-obsessed purist like me.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I did not plan to collect them , however , 12 ga. shotguns seem to be attracted to my hands .

They keep following me home .

There are a few more out there that are looking for me ...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I sure do have a thing for most things Czechoslovakian.

I've never set out to collect them, I just seem to be drawn to them somehow. I'm not a brand loyalist with anything. But CZ has always gotten favorable real estate in my safe.

I could get into S&W revolvers pretty easily. I don't feel like a collector, because I insist on not having anything too valuable to shoot regularly.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    10mm. Pic doesn't include my new Glock 20 Long Slide I built.

IMG_2189.jpg

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    The Items in my gun safe’s makes me look like the ultimate “slum lord”. I guess what I mean is, As long as it has a trigger and goes bang it’s for me!

Pictures’ worth a thousand words well here’s what I mean… here’s a picture of when I cleaned out one of the safes to update my serial number records (you’ll see what I mean)

IMG00158-20121122-1156.jpg

IMG00148-20121122-1149.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The Items in my gun safe’s makes me look like the ultimate “slum lord”. I guess what I mean is, As long as it has a trigger and goes bang it’s for me!

Pictures’ worth a thousand words well here’s what I mean… here’s a picture of when I cleaned out one of the safes to update my serial number records (you’ll see what I mean)

IMG00158-20121122-1156.jpg

IMG00148-20121122-1149.jpg

holy crap !!

u gotta FFL ?? hahaha

Top Bottom