what does 5,000lbs of fireworks going off at the same time look like? This..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You'd think with all of their budget problems, they would simply sell the fireworks to a State where they are legal. 5000 pounds would have been a few thousand dollars.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You'd think with all of their budget problems, they would simply sell the fireworks to a State where they are legal. 5000 pounds would have been a few thousand dollars.

That would require common sense which isn't part of most state government or most government officials for that matter. Even the police, who complain that they are underfunded would rather destroy stuff that could otherwise be sold.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good point. These are the same folks that let the neighboring states collect sales tax on fireworks, rather than allowing their constituents to buy (and pay the tax) locally.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As much as it annoyed me the past two nights when our douche neighbor let off several hours worth of fireworks and then didnt clean up any of it, making fireworks illegal is just dumb.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    As much as it annoyed me the past two nights when our douche neighbor let off several hours worth of fireworks and then didnt clean up any of it, making fireworks illegal is just dumb.

think_of_the_children-thumb-250x206.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hear ya! The street was littered with trash this morning, and I'm am SURE it will still be there tonight. I don't mind the light/sound show, but I do wish folks would show some courtesy to their neighbors buy cleaning up their mess.

</rant off>

Back on topic: I'm glad Indiana dropped their silly restrictions. We set off some pretty nice mortars over the weekend! My little girl was grinning ear to ear.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What could possibly go wrong when people in a very crowded area shoot fireworks off? I think everyone could use a little more excitement in their lives anyway.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    didnt see any lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, crap flappers, whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN

The crook in charge would easily burn up enough time making a sale to eat a few thousand dollars. I think they did the right thing.

Top Bottom