What do your wives/fiancés/ girlfriends/better halves carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    An unhealthy level of resentment maybe? An unreasonable expectation that crime happens to others certainly. The belief that her husband carries because he is paranoid, absolutely! As for the means to protect herself? Not a thing. After all, she's never been mugged, shot, raped or killed so in her mind, bad stuff only happens to the folks on the news.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    My wife does not carry, by choice. (lengthy story)

My mother (almost 70) does, however. A Charter Arms 3" bbl. .38 special. She's a damn fine shot too!

My elder daughter (27) carries a Walther PPK.

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    My wife just shot her first gun almost a month ago, got her LTCH in the mail last weekend, and bought a Taurus PT22 yesterday!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife just shot her first gun almost a month ago, got her LTCH in the mail last weekend, and bought a Taurus PT22 yesterday!

Be warned, those little PT22's are picky about ammo. Remington Thunderbolts DO NOT work in them. Mine likes CCI or Federal just fine though. Jammed like crazy with the Remington. Switched to Federal and shoots like a dream. Fun little gun to plink with and comfy to carry.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    A purse and bag full of stuff. She has pepper spray but I do not think she would ever get to it in an emergency situation since a criminal would most likely not wait while she digs through her purse to find it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Flashlight, first aid kit, small swiss army knife, whistle, android tablet, kindle, cell phone

No gun. She does have her license. She is very pro carry. She owns a Walther PK380 and Smith & Wesson M&P. She has purchased numerous guns for me as gifts. She has been to three or four training classes. But does not want to be burdened with a gun. Truthfully she does not get into shooting.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    as of now, may lady carries a knife, pepper spray and "safety cat" (a metal cat-looking thing. fingers go through the eyes, pointed ears) - but once we take the basic pistol course to get her acquainted and comfortable, i will be buying her whatever pistol she wants, regardless of price.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    An unhealthy level of resentment maybe? An unreasonable expectation that crime happens to others certainly. The belief that her husband carries because he is paranoid, absolutely! As for the means to protect herself? Not a thing. After all, she's never been mugged, shot, raped or killed so in her mind, bad stuff only happens to the folks on the news.
    WOW. What are you doing with my wife? :laugh: Thought this was funny. Sounds exactly like my wife. I'm sure there are many others on here with a wife that thinks the same way......but afraid to admit it.

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Kimber pepper gun II. Better than nothing or most other pepper solutions and no decision with lethal consequences needs to be made on her part. She is more comfortable that way.

I have age a new Ruger SR9c but I'm not really a carrier at this point.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013

I feel like you two just got into an argument about this recently... haha

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S&W 686 6", large knife, lightning fast razor sharp tongue. The tongue is most dangerous.

Top Bottom