what do you think about the sks bullpup stock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Dude I love that stock. My friend is actually trying to sell me his. I don't even have an SKS, but that stock is so nasty, I'm thinking about going to get one.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    if it's between bullpup or tapco, then go bullpup. If it's between tapco and sewing your face to the floor...then i'd go get a needle.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I haven't seen it, anyone have a link or picture?
    this maybe?

bullpup3c.jpg

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I didn't really care for mine. Fit and finish wasn't that great. How the back receiver cover connects to the rest of the stock is a flimsy piece of plastic that breaks easily. Mag changes are cumbersome. Only real positive I can give it is if you have the paratrooper model to start with, it brings your total length to 26.5, just a half inch from the minimum while still having a 16 barrel. You might look into promags New archangel stock. It was over shadowed by the mosin version so there's not as much press on it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    ^ those are some beautiful SKS'.
    Thanks. The top one is a Cowboy Companion, a Chinese Commando SKS that was imported some time ago. They came with the bayonet and all but about a year after I got it I was sent a letter from the BATFE telling me to remove the bayonet or it would be seized. They had changed their minds about letting it come in with them so I removed it and still have it in case they change their minds again. :cool:
    The bottom one is the cherry out of a crate of them I bought back when I still had my C&R and they were still rolling in by the crate. My only regret was not switching one of the top handguards out so they matched better but that chance has passed now. Back then I was more about function anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. The top one is a Cowboy Companion, a Chinese Commando SKS that was imported some time ago. They came with the bayonet and all but about a year after I got it I was sent a letter from the BATFE telling me to remove the bayonet or it would be seized. They had changed their minds about letting it come in with them so I removed it and still have it in case they change their minds again. :cool:
    The bottom one is the cherry out of a crate of them I bought back when I still had my C&R and they were still rolling in by the crate. My only regret was not switching one of the top handguards out so they matched better but that chance has passed now. Back then I was more about function anyway.

Match smatch. Still very nice pieces and the differing wood gives it a personality....yes!!

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I'm one of those guys who doesn't even entertain cheap guns or parts. However, I have a friend who had a SKS sitting around and bought the SG Works bullpup stock and I have to say that I was impessed with how well it worked in the SKS platform. The only two things a saw of potential issue was the ejection port cover and the way the mag recesses into the back of the pistol grip when you remove it. Both can be addressed with some tuning. The port cover is designed to pop up to allow the loading of fixed mag rifles. Every once and awhile it popped up due to recoil. No reason this couldn't be secured if you have removable mags. The recessed mag issue could be fixed by reshaping the back of the pistol grip. Its really not an issue as it works as designed. I just noticed I couldn't grab the lower part of the mag for removal. If you grab the upper portion of the mag it was fine. He has fire about 1,000 rounds through it without any problems other than the ejection port cover issue. It wouldn't be the rifle I would pick up if my life depended on it, but it was enjoyable to shoot. I liked it so much I offered him a new Glock 17 and some ammo for it. Store | SG Works

Top Bottom