• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am just curious. What do you guys tell your kids and grand kids when they ask you why guys are kissing other guys? I have always been as blunt as a spoon about it...probably too blunt. Just wondering how others handle it.

My buddy was at Disney on gay day and was asked by his young son why guys were hugging and kissing each other......just wondering, if this was you how would you respond?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I just grab my son and plant a bit squishy one on his lips and tell him to get on the line to the haunted mansion. Been working so far.

How about "some men prefer other men to women." Sometimes stoopid with crazy doesn't work as well as stoopid with stoopid.* But first you have to accept rule # 1.

*Women are crazy. Men are stoopid.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How about "some men prefer other men to women."

This. Like it or not, the world is becoming more and more accepting to LGBT people. It's no longer considered unusual to see in most places. If it were me, I'd say the same as above, with the addendum that it's never classy to make out in public.

My personal opinion: There's nothing wrong with gay people, lesbians, etc. Chances are someone in your life, be it familial, work, etc is gay. Teaching your child to accept this is not a bad thing.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    WARNING

I don't see this going well, but I'll leave it open. Those who desire to post insults should probably not post here.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I don't see this going well, but I'll leave it open. Those who desire to post insults should probably not post here.
    Because I both respect, and like Que, I'm going to sit this one out! , , , unless someone brings midget strippers into the conversation. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    "some men prefer other men to women."

exactly what I have said. or mostly "some women prefer other women to men". Seems to be more common to run into lesbians than gays in my area (bloomington). My kids are 6yrs and 4yrs and don't even bat an eye most of the time. I at least believe kids don't know descrimination that they must be taught it. My kids see kids with dismemberments and disabilities and don't even "notice" most of the time. (by no means am I comparing the two, just saying its how they are taught). At most my daughter will say "look dad so-and-so is a great player even with only one arm" and the such.

I teach my kids to respect people no matter what.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    What's been said before by some others works: some people like different things and are different, and it's not our place to judge them. Granted, the gay folks that I know never make out in public and their public displays of affections vs. hetero folks make them look like Puritans by comparison. There's always a crazy in every bunch though that ruins it for the rest.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    With my kids I was very blunt and truthful about how I felt about it and also told them to each their own and dont condemn anyone personally for something you disagree with so long as it does not injure another.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I at least believe kids don't know descrimination that they must be taught it. My kids see kids with dismemberments and disabilities and don't even "notice" most of the time. (by no means am I comparing the two, just saying its how they are taught).
    THIS!!! Hate and discrimination are LEARNED TRAITS...

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    I know 2 guys , and 2 girls that are gay. I have no real problem with any of them ,all four seem to be decent hard working people . If all gays respected ,that most of us are not gay that would be cool. There are dirt bags who are not gay ,and dirt bags that are gay. When gays come out of the closet ,and flaunt it in public , or push and use there adopted children to be gay ,or change there sex.I can,t lie it bothers me a lot . There is so little of this in nature , it must be wrong . I just tell my kids , it,s wrong but it,s there choice ,and between them and there maker .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have several female long term friends that are Gay. They are professionals in all levels of the work force. You will never see an open display of affection in public from any of them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Both of my trips to Disney were the week following Gay Days and there were some obvious hold overs and never saw anything inappropriate. The first time we went, my daughter was 7. We spend a week in the Keys after we left Disney. We were in Key West for 2 days and went to Mallory Square to watch the sunset the first night. Right after the sunset was over, we headed to the hotel shuttle pick up point. There were so many waiting that we didn't get on the shuttle and had to wait another hour. We were sitting outside an open air restaurant and there were 2 women petting on each other but nothing over the top. If my 7 year old daughter noticed, she never said a word. If I would have said something or acted offended, then my duaghter most certainly would have noticed. You don't take kids around after dark in Key West and then get offended by what you see.

ETA: If I ever go back to Disney during the summer, it will probably be during Gay Days hoping the crowds will be smaller.

Top Bottom