What do I need to know about carrying in Michigan???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I will be spending much of the next two months outside if Detroit for work... What do I need to know about carrying my handgun with me? I know I can carry there, BUT that's about all.

Thanks in advance!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    It's always good to "know before you go", and please inform any officer you come in contact, that with you have a firearm with you, you'll be ok.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Good advise from experience here... On the outside chance you are not carrying and you have occasion to interact with LEO it is best to tell them, you are licensed and not carrying at this time.

I know, I know.... the law does not say that but more than once Michigan LEOs have said they want to know that you are not carrying. I guess it tells them you didn't forget. Take it for what it's worth.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Lots of the GFZs are off limits for CC but are OK for OC as well. This is according to Michigan state attorney general. More info at the link earlier provided.

I traveled to SMC today to visit with my daughter and chose not to carry on campus or in the dorm. Although "technically" it should be ok (OC with LTCH) I did not want to be a test case.

YMMV

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    So I guess just to put my mind at ease.... I have read the attached link and the way I take it CC is accepted in MI with an Indiana LTCH. I am heading up for a day of salmon fishing this weekend and will be driving a lot at night. Not going to any schools or government property.

Top Bottom