• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adamj219

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    ok i have just bought a new hand gun and i am thinking about ccw with it i know indiana u can open carry too am i gonna get stopped here in michigan city everytime i open or concealed carry what do i do when i do get stopped i see all these people i think are being goofy on youtube telling the cops am i free to go or i dont give u the right to searhand or they refuse to show id i mean im not gonna couse my self to loose my ccw permit or go to jail being like that should i just show my id and permit and get the luagh when they find out im leagal or what and am i able to carry anywhere like walkin or into walmart or mcdonalds or is it better to conceal it wich i love the fact i can open carry idk im confused right now and last thought what do i do if i get pulled over

sorry if i have over done it in this thread or in the wrong thread thanks :ar15:

i am ccw to protect me and my family not to get harrased by police every time i go out

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, first things first, :welcome: to :ingo:! :wavey:

Now... You're going to be told it's a License To Carry Handgun, not a CCW, as you alluded to already knowing. If you don't already have one, check out the FAQ, linked in my signature, and you'll see how to get one. (and it will also answer a few other questions you may have, which is why I'm directing you there.)

Next, you don't HAVE to do the "Am I free to go" or "I don't consent to any searches" route. You can choose to not exercise your rights and I'm sure the officers would appreciate it, as it makes things so much easier for them, despite it eroding liberty in the process.

You are new to this and it sounds like you're pretty excited about it. That's not a bad thing at all. I would like to recommend punctuation, however, as also being not a bad thing at all.... It makes it much easier to read your posts. Not cracking on you or trying to be a grammar Nazi or anything like that, just trying to offer a hopefully helpful suggestion.

Lastly, if you're carrying concealed and concealing well, you shouldn't be harassed by police at all. (You shouldn't be for OCing either, but the chance is somewhat higher that you will be anyway. :dunno:)

Good luck!

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Welcome. :) A bit of punctuation in your posts will make it easier on us readers and will be appreciated.

You may indeed carry however you like with an Indiana License To Carry Handgun (LTCH).

If an officer ever asks to see your license to carry (Larry), just show it to him and that should be that.

If you also want to show him other forms of ID, let him search your home, etc... that's completely up to you. :):

Also check out the INGO FAQ for more good info.

*Dang, Bill types faster than I do. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    *Dang, Bill types faster than I do. ;)
    Ninja M
    ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif
    d skillz- I haz dem.

:D

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Listen to these two gentlemen and read the FAQ's, then read them again. Not trying to put off answering your questions, but reading the FAQ's will give you some of the information you seek and will help you figure out what your specific questions are that members here can help you with, rather than the more general answers that will get a "depends" kind of answer. In particular, read the Indiana Code (IC) section a few times. You may not really understand at first (or ever, as we all seem to debate it endlessly), but it's invaluable to be familiar with it. Welcome to INGO!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, it sounds like you need to take some training classes as well. I highly recommend checking out some of the offerings in our Tactics and Training section.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Listen to these two gentlemen and read the FAQ's, then read them again. Not trying to put off answering your questions, but reading the FAQ's will give you some of the information you seek and will help you figure out what your specific questions are that members here can help you with, rather than the more general answers that will get a "depends" kind of answer. In particular, read the Indiana Code (IC) section a few times. You may not really understand at first (or ever, as we all seem to debate it endlessly), but it's invaluable to be familiar with it. Welcome to INGO!

Gentlemen?? Where? Where?:D

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    The period is your friend. I'm just sayin' :ugh:
    Just because the roller coaseter is down, doesn't mean the amusement park should close. Just sayin'

Anyway welcome. You will learn a lot if you just do reasearch and searches first. Most anything you are looking for has been discussed before until it was a bloody pulp. A lot of good info on here.

The big thing is to have fun and make friends while you are learning.

Also, do not let yourself be bullied or intimidated by some here when you cross their ideas.

Mods - I can be nice to newbs.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just because the roller coaseter is down, doesn't mean the amusement park should close. Just sayin'

Anyway welcome. You will learn a lot if you just do reasearch and searches first. Most anything you are looking for has been discussed before until it was a bloody pulp. A lot of good info on here.

The big thing is to have fun and make friends while you are learning.

Also, do not let yourself be bullied or intimidated by some here when you cross their ideas.

Mods - I can be nice to newbs.

Did your computer get hacked by someone with manners and class or did you just get bored being an ass and recently decide to be helpful?

:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No I have had a headache today and had to poop so wanted to make it quick. Will return to my assery soon.

:bs: You have been like this for a week or better...

You don't have an iPad or something so you can take INGO into the library with you?!

Yet another disturbing image from the biggest pervert Mod we have :laugh:

I hope you disinfect your computer equipment often...

Top Bottom