What did you buy today that was "Made In the USA"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Maybe more appropriate for the political forum but here goes.

As the title says "What did you buy today that was Made in the USA?

Did you have a cheaper alternative?

Was it difficult to find one that was Made in the USA?

Was it a quality issue, or just making a statement?

Did it cost you CONSIDERABLY more, say 50% or more than the cheap chinese crap?

I just bought new ball joints for my truck, bought MOOG, Made in the USA, it was a quality issue, not too difficult to locate but almost twice as much as the cheap chinese crap that would have notoriously failed in a short period of time.:patriot:

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    As the title says "What did you buy today that was Made in the USA? Whopper

Did you have a cheaper alternative? Junior Whopper

Was it difficult to find one that was Made in the USA? Nope, right around the corner

Was it a quality issue, or just making a statement? Quality was definitely not a consideration in this purchase

Did it cost you CONSIDERABLY more, say 50% or more than the cheap chinese crap? I've never compared it to the price of a Chinese Whopper, but I imagine it's about the same price for the product, just a lot more expensive to fly across the world to get one in person.

couldn't resist...

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I tried to buy a black iron pipe fitting this weekend at the local hardware store. As soon as I walked up to the rack I knew something was different. Picked up the 1/2" sweep 90. The fitting was forged and had China on it. I guess should have expected this... The guy asked me if I found what I was looking for, I said yeah but it's made in China. I wasn't about to get into it with him on my opinion he is just an employee.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Haven't bought anything today. :D

Bought my in-laws dinner at a family-run restaurant this weekend (The Bluebird, for those that are in the know). Pretty sure most of their food was locally produced as well.

Cheaper Alternative? Sure. My FIL would have eaten @ White Castle.
    Easy to find? Not really. About an hour drive. I suppose there are other family-run restaurants closer, but we like the buffet!
    Quality or statement? Both. The Bluebird is most excellent, and I avoid restaurant chains if I can.
    Did I spend more? Not really. Could have had average food for the same price.

I guess I did buy ammo on Saturday (Winchester brand). Easy to find, decent quality (goes boom), and reasonably priced.

I'm trying to think of the last imported thing I bought. Gas/fuel, I suppose. I'm sure the cordless phone I bought a couple weeks ago was imported, but I doubt any US companies make them any more.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The last knife I bought I would have liked to pay $35. I ended up over $60 just to have an American made blade.

Why?

Don't feel the desire to donate to the purchase of Chinese landing crafts.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    today I bought or consumed water, microwave dinners, fruit cups, a digital camera, a voice recorder.

Food I assume came from US.
    Electronics from China.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Lee trim die, and two 500 pak of Sierra Match Kings, some Hornady XTP bullets, but the 5000 primers were made in Brazil.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom