• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Can anyone point me to some sort of official documentation as to what a LEO is actually legally allowed to do? A friend is telling me that I must obey a cop if what the cop orders me to do is lawful, regardless of whether I am breaking any laws.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    and here are some videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA&list=FLMcHKFw2DkVIx-oOa9aFCng&index=19&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc&list=FLMcHKFw2DkVIx-oOa9aFCng&index=18&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In the state of Indiana they can enter your home without a warrant.

Ummm, no, they can in any state. In Indiana you cannot resist them if they do.

Barnes was not about police entry.

Ok, where was I?

A friend is telling me that I must obey a cop if what the cop orders me to do is lawful, regardless of whether I am breaking any laws.

:dunno: Like you are walking down the street and po-po say "stop, police!" or the police pull you over when you are not speeding (yes, happened to me). Or, you are walking out of a coffee shop in Broad Ripple, not breaking any laws, and the cop orders you to stop?

Yes, you have to stop.

Give me your scenario.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am sitting on a bench in Downtown Lafayette Indiana mentally masturbating

1. Stop that, right now.

2. Put your clothes back on.

3. Wipe down that bench and use the Lysol wipes.

4. Go with the nice officer when he takes you away for Public Indecency.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Yeah but only in a "domestic disturbance" situation right? Just like the seat belt thingy?

On a side note... anyone ever notice that court rulings which "expand" the power of the government seem to get applied to every possible conceivable situation and the ones that actually restricts their power only gets applied to specific situations? For example... since the stop was part of a seat belt violation it only pertains to seat belt stops but despite the fact that the officers entered the home on a domestic disturbance it applies to whenever an officer wants to enter?

Last edited:

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    or the police pull you over when you are not speeding (yes, happened to me). Or, you are walking out of a coffee shop in Broad Ripple, not breaking any laws, and the cop orders you to stop?

Yes, you have to stop.

Give me your scenario.

I read that on your web site. Did the cop really admit you could not have been speeding? I have to hear the story.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Exactly how many people named Bill are there in the world? Can you please list them by physical description?
    bill of rights is short and white. even shorter if hes rolled up. not sure about the others. and hes been known to hang out with the constitution. be careful when those two get together they have been known to cause freedom.

Top Bottom