• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    are you sticking them with this season?

I'm thinking about trying the Interlocks or the Maniac, haven't decided yet.

Or maybe just sticking with the G5 Montecs... or Strikers...

:dunno:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    are you sticking them with this season?

I'm thinking about trying the Interlocks or the Maniac, haven't decided yet.

Or maybe just sticking with the G5 Montecs... or Strikers...

:dunno:

If you shoot you bow like you shoot your Glock I would say something that has at least 18"blades to give you a shot at hitting something!!!:D:ingo:

I use Rage 3 blade and have had great luck.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm actually switching to the rage this year. I never thought I would use a mechanical, but I have heard such good things about them and they are now sponsering a site I'm staf on so I get 2 packs free. I have been using sonics, but I havn't been very impressed. I've shot 3 deer and 2 turkeys with sonics and all were long trailing jobs with sparse blood. They did bass through and even cut ribs, but I want to see if the rages will shorten up the blood trails a bit.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I gave up trying new blades. I shoot the cheapest walmart fixed blades I can find. Test them for accuracy. They all blow through deer no problems and kill easily.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i put alot of faith in chuck adams and for years he has said mechanical broadheads are horible. then i was reading one of his articles and he said that rage had finally worked out all the kinks in mechanical broadheads and he was switching to the rage 2. this was not a advertisment it was a experienced bowhunters honest opinion. i tried the rage and love them. its almost imposible for them not to open on contact.

i would say its imposible not to open but im sure it could happen somehow.:dunno:

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Rocket sidewinders 100gr and 2 in cutting diameter...I get a good blood trail when I actually get one to run away from me 1 out of five actually ran twenty yards

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I use the Slick Trick 4 blades. Killed a deer with them last year. My buddy uses the rage and they do blow a massive hole in a deer.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I use the Slick Trick 4 blades. Killed a deer with them last year. My buddy uses the rage and they do blow a massive hole in a deer.

ive killed deer with slick trick heads, but i wasn't impressed with the blood trail. i hit a 9 point at 32 yards double lung complete pass through. the deer only went 50 yards or so (last 20 was a dive down a steep hill) but it took a good bit to find blood. after i hit the deer i lost sight of him in 2-3 yards.

but they did fly really well

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    You know I kinda had the same issue. On my end it was a **** poor shot. It was my very first hit on a deer(I missed 2 others earlier in the season last year). But it did take us a while to find the trail, but it was a good trail when we did find it. I lost sight of the deer after about 50 yards and there was no blood where I last saw him BUT I did gut shot him. Regardless he is in the freezer.:D

They fly real straight and I am not spending money on new ones right now. Maybe next time I buy broadheads I will try something different but for right now I am sticking to what I have on hand.:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I used the rage 2 blades last year after seeing the huge holes they blow in deer. After using them for a season I have a problem with them.

If you walk with an arrow nocked, they will pop lose from the rubber band, pain in the azz.

I only had one shot present itself in bow season last year, and the stupid thing open in flight, causing my arrow to spin out of control.

Think I'll just stick with the Montecs this season.

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    I gave up trying new blades. I shoot the cheapest walmart fixed blades I can find. Test them for accuracy. They all blow through deer no problems and kill easily.

I agree. The biggest responsibility we have as bow hunters is shot placement for a clean kill. Use the time thinking about broadheads to practice and scout.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I used to use mechanical till i kept having problems with them. Even tried different brands. When i bought my Bowtech Guardian i switched to Crimson Talon HyperSpeed XT fixed broadheads. Hyper-Speed™ Broadhead - SpinTite.com They are designed for crossbows or super fast compounds. My bow shoots around 320 FPS and they work great. Great blood trails and entry/exit holes, havent had to track deer past 40 yards.

Top Bottom