• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I am leaving for Basic Training and AIT for the Army and wanted to leave my girlfriend with a firearm I know she is confident on using. I have several firearms but felt none were right for her.

Well I found the perfect one tonight and just had to get it for her. Needless to say she was shocked when I came back from the store.

I needed to find something that meet all of her criteria: has to look like it means business, so no pink and needs to be powerful while still having high capacity. This has it all, and then some.

Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 Blaster
    IMG_2669.jpg

This meets all the criteria: Looks mean, carries plenty of ammo, and is very powerful. NERF has been developing several new types of weapons and this was the perfect one. She is not the biggest girl, she stands about 5'4" and weighs in under 125 pounds, initially I was worried about the recoil. But because of the tripod, I do not have to worry about her getting knocked over.

IMG_2668.jpg

The carrying handle comes in handy for quickly moving and finding new cover. Fully loaded the Vulcan weighs in at less than 7lbs. It is still awkward to move but I believe it was developed to cover instead of advance. And for her, firing from a concealed position atop of the stairs, this is the best choice.

IMG_2671.jpg

It also has a detachable ammo box. It only came with one, but I have several belts stored around the house just incase. The ammo box and be removed in under a second and the Vulcan can be feed just as reliable without it.

IMG_2672.jpg

The manufacture claims 3 shots in a second. I/she was able to get 2 in a second and maybe with practice will be able to get three. Even with only firing 2 shots in a second, that means the Vulcan can fire an astonishing 120rpm! In less than 10 seconds the 25 round ammo belt was empty and a new one was taking its place.

IMG_2675.jpg

It quickly dismounts from the tripod, which makes the Vulcan easier to move. However, accurate shots are hard to come by when firing from the hip with this monster.

IMG_2674.jpg

The Vulcan is easy to load. After a new belt is loaded a quick pull on the orange bolt and it is operational again. If I/she need more accuracy than firepower, there is a single shot mode. Simply pulling the bolt back every time, greatly improved accuracy as well as a slight increase in distance. Even after firing those 120 rounds the Vulcan was surprisingly cool to the touch.

IMG_2678.jpg

It has a heavy trigger pull that was supposed to be addressed by the addition of the skeleton trigger. It does not bother me, but for some may cause a problem. (I have a sigma :D)

IMG_2667.jpg

It is a little difficult to see in the picture but the sights are very crude. I guess NERF figured that with the amount of firepower the Vulcan is capable of firing sights were not too important. The front is a flip up BUIS. I have an extra laser that will be making its way onto the rail system. This should be able to increase the accuracy.

All in all I am happy with the purchase. However, SHE did not see the practicality of the Vulcan. I know that more range time during the week will change her mind though.

She thinks that I will grow up someday!!:ingo:

Top Bottom