What’s the strangest/dumbest thing you’ve ever seen at a gun store?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Two weekends ago something happened, I had forgotten about it, but today it’s on my mind. I was BSing with the guys at the store when a young guy walks in. Like I do a lot of times, he seemed to be walking around looking at stuff. During this time, one of the guys in the shop was away from the counter, helping me with questions about my AR build.

When the shop cleared out a bit, the shop guy at the counter asked if the young guy needed help. The young guy goes up to the counter, asks if some ammunition is available, then does something strange while the counter guy is turning around to see if they had any. The young guys left hand goes to the thigh holster on his left side and starts messing with the strap and unclips it. When the counter guy turns back around, the young guy continues ask about other ammunition, all the while messing with his holster. The counter guy couldn’t really see it, but the other shop guy and I are standing at 8 or 9 o’clock to the young guy, and when the guy talking to me notices it, he adjusts his position and moves his hand to the butt of his pistol.

Nothing else strange happened, and no one drew on anyone else, but afterwards both I and the shope guy talking to me mentioned picking up a very strange vibe.

That’s the strangest/dumbest thing I’ve ever seen, and I’m curious if anyone else has stories of what they believe is people not acting in their own best interest. I’d also be interested in anyone’s theories about, what I believe to be, very strange behavior. It’s entirely possible there was no ill intention there, but I haven’t figured out what it is yet.

I’ll go ahead and apologize to any who want their time back after reading this :):

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Um, there's already a 25 page thread on this very subject only a few lines down from this one, on the same page.

Sounds like a strange and unsettling moment. I feel like the other employee should have spoken up, but maybe not.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Um, there's already a 25 page thread on this very subject only a few lines down from this one, on the same page.

I apologize if this would be considered a duplicate post. That one struck me more along the lines of "dumb things people customers and employees say" and I was going more for "things people have done that could have gotten them or someone else seriously injured"

If this thread needs to be closed or deleted, it won't hurt my feelings :)

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I apologize if this would be considered a duplicate post. That one struck me more along the lines of "dumb things people customers and employees say" and I was going more for "things people have done that could have gotten them or someone else seriously injured"

You're right about that. I've never been in a gun shop where i thought i was about to watch someone get shot!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, something similar there?

Kinda/maybe...a couple years ago I was in there talking to them about something (don't remember what now) to do with the gun I was carrying. He said something to the effect to unholster it so we could discuss it. I declined saying that it was loaded and cocked and didn't think it was a good idea to do that in a busy store. He pointed to one of the cases that had a big gouge in the top--he said some other gun owner had pulled his gun out and that was the result. He didn't seem upset about it but the similarity in the stories made me wonder if they were connected.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Some Asian people, whom English was obviously their second language, passing around a few display models and dry firing them in all directions without any concern who they were aiming at. It they hadn't been using real guns, it would have been almost comical.

Top Bottom