• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great story, need to have more articles on here about good cops. Reading through the posts on here you would think there are none. haha. Thanks for sharing

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    :yesway: Jeff Dunscomb is a great officer and a genuinely nice guy to boot.

Thanks for posting Kirk.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great story, need to have more articles on here about good cops.

I have posted numerous positive stories on acts of valour by police (primarily from Tippecanoe County), even athletic achievements by officers (shooting, Police Olympics, etc.).

The negative gets play because of the high expectations people have the police and that it is out of the norm behaviour.

All public figures should be held accoutable but, IMHO, it is vital that they receive acknowledgement and words of gratitude for going above and beyond. Plus if it involves guns it is of interest here.:D

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Kirk, I had not seen too many, so I wasnt trying to sharpshoot. As I am an MP, I know how hard it is to get good press out there for all LEOs. As another person posted, they are held to a higher standard, so they really enjoy trying to tear them down. Bad news about a police officer will go around the nation, good news, if they are lucky will hit the local area. How sad for the double standard

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    West Lafayette Officer Honored for Courage in Fire

My only question is, why did they have to put him in a fire to honor his courage? Couldn't they have given him a medal without setting him on fire?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My only question is, why did they have to put him in a fire to honor his courage? Couldn't they have given him a medal without setting him on fire?

Pffft, honor someone without fire? What kind of foo-foo city is this . . . Carmel?

Oh, yeah, well how do you honor a hero, fancy dan, if you DON'T set him on fire? La-dee-dah.

Top Bottom