• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Had nothing to do today, so I went to Bison World, just south of 206th St. and State Rd. 37 in Noblesville. (Bison World - Home)

Friendly place with a good selection of bison meat, and some beef, elk and lamb.

Worth stopping in, if only to see some of the taxidermy, most of which appeared to be for sale. Also some bison themed merchandise, including some kick ass hats.

Stop in if you are up that way!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Stuff other than beef is, and everything is way up the last couple of years. Pay no attention to the CPI, that's a carefully crafted lie. You want meat? Be ready to pay for it, or grow your own if they'll let you.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Looks like a great selection, but I assume shipping (or gas cost) would balance out the prices?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Those first prices did seem incredibly high to me.

That's why it's good to try find a farmer and buy it by the half. Lost ours last year (retired)...lookin for a new one...Angus and pork will do for now, especially if I am lucky enough to supplement with a bit of venison.

My guess is, if you ask most of these folks, they'd quote you a "by the half" price...if you do it...get the bones and all the offal you can...if not for you and your stew, for your dogs or your neighbors' (they will love you forever).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom