• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Went shopping with the wife Monday at Ikea in Ohio and it was a really cool store and a must see place if your thinking of doing any remodeling .... I know my man card is in jeopardy but it was a really cool store and a must see, was there about 5 hrs.... lol

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's a very cool store, but you end up buying absurd things. We drove to Chicago, and brought home two packs of napkins. I tried to convince my wife that the local napkins were just as good, but we had to buy the IKEA disposable napkins :dunno:

Assembling the stuff is a pain in the neck though. A lot of the items I feel are overpriced. Not the furniture, more the garbage cans, lights, and things like that. Just because they are all modern looking doesn't mean it is anything more than injection molded plastic.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    If you spend I think it's $50 in the store then you get a free meal in the cafe. I too have spent a full day there on multiple occasions with the Mrs. and a belly full of free meatballs helps take the edge off. We usually hit Jungle Jim's on the way home to admire the giant wheels of cheese.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Haven't been to Ikea (isn't Ikea Swedish for "missing parts"?) but I do love Jungle Jim's, except they don't have St Agur cheese or lutefisk. What kind of grocery is that?

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I classify IKEA furniture as dorm, apartment, and/or starter home quality. :twocents:

Agreed. were I a younger person wanting a cool pad, IKEA would be the place to shop. Theya re a bit overproced on many things. They do hace some neat stuff tho, I am glad it is too long of a drive for the Mrs. to get there regularly!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I classify IKEA furniture as dorm, apartment, and/or starter home quality. :twocents:

Yeah, I agree for most of their stuff. It's decent way to save some money on certain items, especially if you are willing to do some assembly. However, when it comes to furniture, quality is subjective. Some people think Ashley furniture is good stuff.:rolleyes:

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Haven't been to Ikea (isn't Ikea Swedish for "missing parts"?) but I do love Jungle Jim's, except they don't have St Agur cheese or lutefisk. What kind of grocery is that?
    One of the reasons I fled North Dakota.... every year they have the Norsk Høstfest in Minot. Though we lived 3.5 hours away you could still smell it!!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We were at IKEA a few weeks ago. Wife likes to go about once a year. The layout is terrible, difficult to get around. The floor plan almost forces you to go all through the store to get out. Ran into a guy who was trying to get out and couldn't figure out how. (I helped him) I just do it for wife, would never go on my own.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We will be making a trip soon, ourselves. Our laundry/pantry is getting re-done with their cabinets. OK stuff for the price, and my wife likes to putter around the store. I like the side-trip to Jungle Jim's and Bass Pro Shops.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    ... isn't Ikea Swedish for "missing parts"? ...
    I believe you're correct sir...
    :+1: Brought some back from Michigan for my sister years ago, seemed like the materials were a little cheap for the prices. Pain in the neck to assemble too. Her and my mom mention going back every now and then, I just try and ignore them... :)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Isn't IKEA anti gun/ at least a gun free zone??

I for one am with the guys here talking about Bass Pro and Jungle Jim's as a detour

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    We love going to cinci for IKEA, bass pro and jungle jims. We're down there every year for Weekend of Fire. There is a new bass pro going up that is going to be 150,000 sq ft. Yay!!!!

Jason

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I liked the way they had complete kitchens set up so you could see what the finished set up would look like and so on... We are going to be doing a kitchen remodel and need some ideas, not that we would use Ikea products but they do have some cool set ups...

Top Bottom