• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Warning: this post is about my target shooting fun. It may seem boring to some.

I went shooting today at a co-worker’s place in the country. There were three of us shooting. I shot my Glock 26 for the first time. SWEET! My friend, Ken, was interested to see how the trigger pull was different from his XDM. He preferred the Glock’s trigger pull. I shot his Kahr PM9. I wasn’t fond of it to tell the truth. It had a laser sight, but I preferred to use the traditional sights. Rex brought his K frame S&W, which needed sight adjustment. Ken put up an approximately 16 x 16 inch target at 50 yards and we were shooting it with a .22 rifle with a scope. I found that pretty boring. I said to heck with this. I told him to watch with the wildlife scope on the tripod, and I shot with my Beretta 92 FS Compact. I shot 4 times, hit it 3 times and put one in the 6 ring. To be honest, all I could see was the white paper target and not the red quarter sized dot in the middle. We took turns with the Beretta. Ken loved it. He got out his Sig AR-15 type .223 rifle. That was nice. We drew a black circle about the diameter of a soda can and colored it in on a piece of cardboard. I was sitting down and put a two inch group inside the circle. I was quite pleased since the last time I shot something like that was in the Air Force in 1993. Some of you guys, I know, can do much better, but I was happy about it. It was a very fun day, but cold.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Warning: this post is about my target shooting fun. It may seem boring to some.

I went shooting today at a co-worker’s place in the country. There were three of us shooting. I shot my Glock 26 for the first time. SWEET! My friend, Ken, was interested to see how the trigger pull was different from his XDM. He preferred the Glock’s trigger pull. I shot his Kahr PM9. I wasn’t fond of it to tell the truth. It had a laser sight, but I preferred to use the traditional sights. Rex brought his K frame S&W, which needed sight adjustment. Ken put up an approximately 16 x 16 inch target at 50 yards and we were shooting it with a .22 rifle with a scope. I found that pretty boring. I said to heck with this. I told him to watch with the wildlife scope on the tripod, and I shot with my Beretta 92 FS Compact. I shot 4 times, hit it 3 times and put one in the 6 ring. To be honest, all I could see was the white paper target and not the red quarter sized dot in the middle. We took turns with the Beretta. Ken loved it. He got out his Sig AR-15 type .223 rifle. That was nice. We drew a black circle about the diameter of a soda can and colored it in on a piece of cardboard. I was sitting down and put a two inch group inside the circle. I was quite pleased since the last time I shot something like that was in the Air Force in 1993. Some of you guys, I know, can do much better, but I was happy about it. It was a very fun day, but cold.

I would LOVE to have a place to shoot like that. I can relate to the Beretta story. I was at the Atterbury shooting range this fall on the 50 yard rifle range shooting my Romanian AK and it was the last 30 min round and we weren't going to have a chance to shoot at the pistol ranges since it was starting to get dark. Pulled out my Beretta 92FS and fired a 15 rounds at a 12 x 12 target from a standing position and all I saw was a small orange and white blur of the target. After they called cease fire I went down there and to my surprise 13 of the 15 shots hit the target.

Wish I had an open range like some land where I could compare some of my favorite pistols at that range of 50 yards. I'd like to compare a 1911, Beretta 92FS, Sig P226, Bersa Thunder HC 9mm and a S&W 5906. If anyone has ever done that with any of these guns, I'd like to hear about it.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Ken's driveway is 6/10 of a mile long. Wildlife was every where. When I honked as I was leaving his place I scared a deer standing 20 feet from his side door. I hadn't noticed it because he blended in so well.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Your 'boring' shooting report is a dream come true for me, I have to go to a "range" where I am protected from myself by a man with a badge !!!!!:patriot: :ar15:
    LOL! When I got back home my wife said, "I was starting to worry about you, because you were gone so long." I said, "No. Just having a good time."

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    As boring as my reply.........I am going to POPS Indoor tomorrow at 1 PM, I am taking the new to me Glock-23 I got recently from board member 44 MAG SHOOTER, in it is a few minor parts I replaced and got at a heck of a good price at Braddis, I got my ammo at Fishers 96th St Wal-Mart, I will be shooting 100 rds of Federal Champion 180 gr and getting a years shooting membership, even though I get a LEO discount when I shoot...............I ahve to work tomorrow 4 AM-12:30 PM, so you know my range bag will be loaded up and ready to go!

Top Bottom