• ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    temporary-5.jpg

It's gonna be a slow process, but I'm taking my time in building it. Thanks to Mgderf, picked it up for a good price from him and I'm excited to build it. Not sure what I want to do with it, but I have it narrowed down to: 16" M4 government barrel threaded for suppressor later on down the road, 14.7" with 1.3" pinned and welded flashhider M4 profile, or 11.5" Colt Commando style SBR. Probably going to shoot mostly 5.56/.223 and .22LR, but also tossing the idea of .300AAC BLK. Maybe I'll just need to build a standard 16" profile AR and later on buy a few more to make my SBR and 14.5" legit (sans auto and burst fire) M4. So many ideas, so little time and money.

Btw, don't diss the flipflops or the STL Rams floor mats. The flipflops are my girlfriend's.

Total (to date)::
    PSA Lower - $90
    CMMG Inc LPK - $69.95
    Magpul MOE Grip - $18.95
    Magpul Trigger Guard - $07.95
    Magpul PMAG - $14.99

Lower Total - $209.67 so far

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Welcome to thE club. I just finished my first build and first AR yesterday. It was a great feeling. I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. ITs a blast. Keep an eye out on the palmettostatearmory.com site and also the joeboboutfitters.com site for great deals.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    JoebOb has spikes and they don't back order it. You order it when it gets in stock and you have it in 2-3 days. You can also sign up for email notification when certain items get in stock.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, I finally sold my rifle and am now funding my build slowly. So far I have the lower, a magazine, the LPK, a Magpul MOE Grip, and a Magpul trigger guard. If anyone needs/wants a standard trigger guard or a standard AR pistol grip, let me know. Keep in mind, this is a slow, semi-budget build while getting what I deem "necessary" for the type of shooting I want to do. I want to do some static shooting, as well as work on engaging targets in a SHTF/run and gun/night shoots, if I can find a place to do it. Hopefully I can keep it under $700 sans optics.

Can anyone recommend a good upper? I'm specifically looking for a railed upper. I love the looks of the DD MK18, but I can't afford $1200 for an upper on this build. Alsom can anyone give me some tips for getting the roll pins in? I have the lower about 1/4 of the way done, but the roll pins are what's stopping me. It seems like they just sit there.

Last edited:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Are you using roll pin punches? They are different from standard punches, and make it quite a bit easier. If you are still having problems getting them started, pinch the end together slightly with a pair of pliers.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, I just got the lower all together. Apparently I wasn't using enough force when hammering the roll pins in. Only things not in as I type this are the buffer retainer and spring, and the rear takedown pin. Only because I don't have a buffer tube yet to hold it all in.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom