• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The owner of two, thousand-room-plus hotels in San Fran says he’s going to walk away from the $750M loan on the properties because “…we believe San Francisco’s path to recovery remains clouded and elongated by major challenges - both old and new…”

The Hilton Union Square claims to be the biggest hotel west of Las Vegas, and nearby Parc 55 sounds like it‘s nearly as big. The owner, Park Hotels and Resorts, ceased making loan payments. I don’t know who the lender(s) is(are), but I’m sure they are serenely receiving the news that they are about to claim unproductive collateral surrounded by a sea of **** and mental illness and industrial scale crime.

But the good news is the city will have more facilities to house the homeless! Win-win!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe the city or the state will buy them to house the homeless or illegals at the federal Government's expense. At least until they are torn up so badly the are considered uninhabitable.
    They would have to completely retrofit them to be nothing but hard surfaces like in a prison.

Even then they would still manage to destroy them. It will just take them longer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    AT&T closing “flagship” retail store near Union Square in SF. AT&T Says “customer shopping habits are changing.”

Union Square is where the two hotels I have in the OP are. Vid says other big retailers in same area like Old Navy have already bailed out.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I bet the residents could care less. They see profit-seeking businesses as "the man," they know "the man" is ultimately the villain at the root of all problems, and the sooner they're gone, the sooner the city can be turned over to more equitable use.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Seems like reality is starting to imitate the movies.

Anyone remember the classic Escape From New York?? Maybe it's time for a reboot, and call it Escape From San Fran or some such.

Another couple years and they won't even have to build sets--just film on location and it'll be good to go. I wonder if Kurt Russel would revisit doing Snake Pliskin again???

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Every day it seems like there's a new article about another retailer closing up and abandoning SF.

indiana22native

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2023
    Fishers
    The owner of two, thousand-room-plus hotels in San Fran says he’s going to walk away from the $750M loan on the properties because “…we believe San Francisco’s path to recovery remains clouded and elongated by major challenges - both old and new…”

The Hilton Union Square claims to be the biggest hotel west of Las Vegas, and nearby Parc 55 sounds like it‘s nearly as big. The owner, Park Hotels and Resorts, ceased making loan payments. I don’t know who the lender(s) is(are), but I’m sure they are serenely receiving the news that they are about to claim unproductive collateral surrounded by a sea of **** and mental illness and industrial scale crime.

But the good news is the city will have more facilities to house the homeless! Win-win!

Not even sure how this hotel has remained intact with I assume would have to be a low occupancy rate. No one’s even going to San Fran for work right now. Even the esg hypocritical companies aren’t sending their employees fhere. What a sad loss of what was once a vibrant and cool city. The left can have it IMO

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Look, there's a whole generation with a new explanation in san francisco.
    If you take the time to visit, you're gonna meet some gentle people there.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Woman’s dog ate human poop on ground at park, later hospitalized for marijuana intoxication and opiods.

My wife is a veterinarian and has seen a few cases of marijuana toxicity in dogs. From what I'm told they are very sensitive to it.
    Sometimes it's clear. People come in and tell her what happened. Other times she's presented with a sick dog with symptoms consistent with dope toxicity but needs to fish around asking people who are reluctant to admit they have pot in the house. Once her client had to go back home and question their kid about whether the dog got into his stash (he did).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife is a veterinarian and has seen a few cases of marijuana toxicity in dogs. From what I'm told they are very sensitive to it.
    Sometimes it's clear. People come in and tell her what happened. Other times she's presented with a sick dog with symptoms consistent with dope toxicity but needs to fish around asking people who are reluctant to admit they have pot in the house. Once her client had to go back home and question their kid about whether the dog got into his stash (he did).

Top Bottom