• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Is that you can look at them all day (or month(s)) and think they look ZOMG awesome and hear they feel incredible in the hand, and then when you actually get a hold of it in real life, its uncomfortable and doesn't look as good as you thought.

You guys told me this when I started shopping for a first handgun, and i'm glad i listened lol.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I hate it when I get psyched about a gun but then when I finally get to see it in person it is considerably larger than I had imagined. Thus making it too big for me to cc.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Is that you can look at them all day (or month(s)) and think they look ZOMG awesome and hear they feel incredible in the hand, and then when you actually get a hold of it in real life, its uncomfortable and doesn't look as good as you thought.

You guys told me this when I started shopping for a first handgun, and i'm glad i listened lol.

Wait until you get a high end gun and like it at first and the more you shoot it the less you like it.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Wait until you get a high end gun and like it at first and the more you shoot it the less you like it.

Ha! That's the truth! Guilty of that one. Sold the expensive handgun for an AR and I'm much happier now! I guess you live and learn. :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ha! That's the truth! Guilty of that one. Sold the expensive handgun for an AR and I'm much happier now! I guess you live and learn. :D

Yeah I keep thinking it must be me, but I just can't adapt to the gun.

I grew up shooting military 1911's and revolvers. I never even held a polymer frame handgun until the year 2001. I guess that is why I have a hard time shooting certain pistols. It's the old adage cant teach a old dog new tricks thing. Although I do love my Glocks. Go figure.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

To which gun are you referring?

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    It's all such a personal preference thing. I wanted a FNP .45 Pistol, thought they looked cool, and read all the great things the gunwriters said about them. When I actually got to handle one, the gun felt more like a brick than my G21. (I shot a G21 before I bought one). And I wanted a Sig 220. But the one I handled sure had a nasty DA/SA trigger pull. Guess I was spoiled by the sweet trigger on my P90.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom