• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am not a big city person and I am about halfway between chicago and indy. I HATE chicago........ I am planning a short weekend getaway for the summer months. I am going to be traveling with my newborn and my wife.

I know a lot of you reside in indy I am looking for gun friendly establishments and attractions any advice???

(zoos? museums? only a 3 day 2 night trip.)

If this is the wrong thread to be posting in I apologize.

Thanks

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can be my guest at MCFG to shoot if you like! Also there is the Children's museum (even adults can like it), the Sate Museum, Medal of Honor Memorial and the Indianapolis Memorial on the Canal, Eiteljorg (SP?) Museum, 500 museum at the track. NCAA Hall of Champions and all kinds of Hotels and such Down town will be pricey but lots of others on the outskirts. Take your pick. Keystone at the crossing area will put you around a lot of resteraunts and shopping also Castleton. There is a Dave and Busters there plus they just opened another place like it in the same area just can't remember the name of it.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    The zoo is great - you can catch a ball game if you are into baseball although with a young one I would pass on that. Several decent museums - Childrens being the best in the world for that type of museum. A lot of good restaurants now too and some good music depending on the weekend at the following venues: White River Park, Murat theater, Cleows Hall on Butler campus, the Jazz Kitchen in broadripple.
    Be sure to visit Indy Trading Post - best gun shop in INDY:yesway:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Come down the first week or so of May, go to the track for practice, go down town to the war memorials, walk the canal, take a paddle boat with the kid.
    Have a fun cheap lunch at the Spagetti factory.......ton's o stuff to do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Breakfast in Broad Ripple.

Have to see the grave of Dr. Gatling.

The Medical Museum.

The State Museum.

The IMS Museum.

The Art Museum.

The Etiljorg Museum.

The Indianapolis Zoo.

The Indiana War Memorial.

The State Capitol.

Lots of stuff to do. What did you have in mind?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd take the time to walk the canal and see the USS Indianapolis memorial.

https://plus.google.com/114152454938680261544/about?gl=us&hl=en

Zoo is above average, and they have a dolphin show that's pretty entertaining.

Children's museum isn't going to be any fun for a newborn, and you're taking a chance with getting arrested to carry there since it apparently counts as a school now.

For lunch one day, Fogo De Chao is fantastic. Go at lunch and its $25/each for all you can eat meat that is very high quality and very well prepared. Service is fantastic, and if you leave without feeling like you're about to blow a colon, you did it wrong.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Dont forget the World War Memorial... There is a GREAT wealth of info in there TONS of firearms, artillery a fullsize REAL cobra gunship from when they were stationed in Shelbyville and its FREE...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indianapolis ain't no big city.

But I think you can have fun here like anyplace else. Bring some bicycles and a map and pedal around town. You'll see a lot and talk to a lot of different folks.

Enjoy!

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    the zoo seems to be among the top contenders.

and central canal walk. both sound like a good weekend to me and I will be sure to swing into a couple LGS i dont get the chance to frequent but hear good things about.

ANY hotel and good eat recomendations would be great.

the reason I posted on here was maybe to not only find gun TOLERANT establishments but maybe give people my money that are pro gun if anyone is brave or stupid enough to make that be known these days.

Top Bottom