• ...and so much more!
  • AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not sure if there's any interest in the cartridge or not. It's definitely interesting, yet expensive. I went ahead and picked some up for the store and online which we should have within the next couple of weeks.

300gr Subsonic JHP
    285gr Subsonic Fracturing
    342gr Subsonic Expanding

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Hope yours shoot better than my hand loads lol. I've tried some 300 grain HPBTs and even plinking I struggle to get 3moa
    Not to thread jack but I manufacture 8.6BLK in house with 225gn Barnes TSX, 300gn SMKs and 342gn Gorilla Expanding Subs. Holler if you need some help with your 8.6 loading, I'll swap some recipes. I sell a lot of that ammo to INGO'ers and on Gunbroker, and the feedback has been 100% positive.

Last edited:

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    It has taken some time and experimentation, but I have gotten my 8.6 handlords consistently hitting 1 moa or below from my 12" Rem 700.
    1.1 to .8 is what I am getting at 75 yds.
    This is with 280gr Discreet Ballistics, 300gr SMK, 342gr Gorilla expander, I think they are the pork shredder, and 350gr Maker.
    I am using H110 and LilGun and they are running at 1000 to 1020 fps.
    So, keep at it, it is possible.
    I haven't pursued supersonics whole heartedly yet but I have had some promising results with Hornady 225gr CX and Barnes 225gr TTSX bullets with 1680 and CFEBLK.
    And remember, no matter what the hype says, this is NOT a precision target round, but a nasty hunting round and 1 to 1 1/2 moa is more than acceptable for that role.

Top Bottom