• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Considering the impact(s) of McDonald, Heller, and Bruen, I think it's time to start trying to retrieve some of our rights.

I want to start by repealing the law that says otherwise law-abiding citizens must render themselves vulnerable to conduct business in a federal building, namely the post office.

I'm tired of this stupid crap.
    We need to start pushing a representative or senate critter to introduce such a bill while the waters are favorable to our cause.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Congress isn't favorable waters, thanks to the self-inflicted non-red-wave midterm.

Who's gonna volunteer to get mugged in a PO, then file a lawsuit?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I always thought that law was for postal workers to protect them from other postal workers.

For a while it seemed like they were the ones causing all the chaos.
    I think that's where the term "Going Postal " originated from.
    No. It was mostly cocaine.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Considering the impact(s) of McDonald, Heller, and Bruen, I think it's time to start trying to retrieve some of our rights.

I want to start by repealing the law that says otherwise law-abiding citizens must render themselves vulnerable to conduct business in a federal building, namely the post office.

We need to start pushing a representative or senate critter to introduce such a bill while the waters are favorable to our cause.

Do you have an actionable (legal) idea? I am willing to invest some time and effort.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Timing is everything. I think there is small but growing support for redefining or eliminating drug 'users' as prohibited people.
    Beyond that, I don't see much more happening before the election.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I always worry about my pistol getting stolen. It is apparent to anyone watching that I am taking a gun off my hip and putting it under the seat.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do you have an actionable (legal) idea? I am willing to invest some time and effort.
    I always worry about my pistol getting stolen. It is apparent to anyone watching that I am taking a gun off my hip and putting it under the seat.
    Maybe this is something we could push for.
    If we MUST be disarmed, then they MUST provide secure storage.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Maybe this is something we could push for.
    If we MUST be disarmed, then they MUST provide secure storage.

Not a bad idea. I'm not sure I want to publicly unholster a gun and put it in a lock box where everyone can see I am carrying. Would you see that as being a viable thing to do?

What about going to the local gun shops to try and get them to get involved together. Then try and find an existing organization (GOA, FPC, etc.) to partner with to coordinate efforts. Efforts to repeal some of the gun laws or stop new laws / regulations from being passed.

1692498050115.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The way we push back is every gun owner who loves the 2nd Amendment needs to fund a group dedicated to overturning the NFA completely.
    Be it piece by piece or large chunks at a time. It's time to start attacking it as much as possible.

Top Bottom