Wayne LaPierre--Is it time for the NRA to choose a new SPOX?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I recorded Fox News Sunday last weekend because they were going to have Wayne LaPierre on to discuss contemplated gun control legislation. Well, I finally got around to watching it today and I'm about to the point where the NRA really ought to think about a change in spokesman. He seemed confused and his arguements were flimsy. Kudos to Chris Wallace...if his goal was to shoot holes in the NRA's (and by extension OUR arguements against "sensible measures") he riddled poor ole Wayne. In my opinion, this guy either doesn't really believe what he's being put out there to champion or he just doesn't have what it takes to win the debate.

The appearence, a few weeks ago, on Meet the Press wasn't quite so bad. But even in that appearence, I thought he missed out on knocking a few fat, juicy, slow balls out of the park.

Here's a video I found on YouTube. I didn't watch it, but I hope it's the segment I watched on my DVR just now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpOub4OoxQQ&sns=em[/ame]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Saw video of his performance last week on that show. He got his ass handed to him on a network that's supposedly on the side of gunowners. He's outlived his usefulness by more than a few years. Surely the NRA can find someone better to represent them? Or at least be their spokesperson. He's not making a good case for gunowners.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeah I was very disappointed in his performance during that show too.

There's a problem if a number of us "nobodies" could have made better arguments than the man on the "front lines."

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    Saw video of his performance last week on that show. He got his ass handed to him on a network that's supposedly on the side of gunowners. He's outlived his usefulness by more than a few years. Surely the NRA can find someone better to represent them? Or at least be their spokesperson. He's not making a good case for gunowners.

Uncle Ted for President:rockwoot:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    The 1st thing the NRA should do (like most leftist do) is only do an interview with questions that they have pre-screened and agreed to, so they can have prepared answers! 2nd is "call" and issue press conferences with prepared statements and take no questions! Surprise questions and twist in interviews can trip any of us up? The antis have the use of media down better than the pro gun crowd!

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I'm glad to hear others feel this way, I joined GOA but haven't joined NRA just for this reason. After seeing him speak on TV several times, I just didn't feel he was a good spokesperson. Maybe if he got a better haircut and came prepared to defend gun owners I'd let loose with the cash.

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If Ted Nugent is representative of the majority of gun owners, I may just have to rethink my position on gun control.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    There comes a time when businesses become... businesses.

The NRA has become very aware of gun owners wishes to have ZERO new gun control and the fact that we won't allow universal background checks.

Still, it is a business and those at the top run it like one with all the crap that faces any other large corporation.

It's no different than any other business, lobbying group, large website or whatever.

So it shouldn't be any surprised Wayne it still chugging along.

It's time for the NRA to find someone else to be on TV or debate anyone. Wayne just isn't cut out for this.

It's painfully obviously he has talking points and that his probably speaking or noticing anything extemporaneously is because his heart/mind isn't there.

Put someone to speak for the NRA who actually believes in RKBA, all of it, not just for hunting or target shooting or limited self defense against a lone random criminal and you'd see much better performances.

Laryy Pratt of Gun Owners of America is a prime example of that. He understands RKBA, Rights and why the Second Amendment was written.

Wayne... not so much.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Your all wrong, We need R Lee Ermey!!!!!!!!! Intimidation factor all the way!

Say what you want about Uncle Ted, he handed that Limey Brit his arse...

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    He had so many opportunities to hand it to him. *shakes head*

Are Obama's kids important? Yes to his family!!!

But my kids and their safety is important to ME!!!!!!
    I will protect them every else they go, but I can't protect them when they are at school, but if someone CAN I will support that

Top Bottom