• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Might have been a robbery attempt gone bad. Consider yourself lucky. I try to deal only with ppl I know or from INGO with plenty of Post/Rep.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Might have been a robbery attempt gone bad. Consider yourself lucky. I try to deal only with ppl I know or from INGO with plenty of Post/Rep.

Not only that, everyone I deal with I search for on facebook by their email, if they look shady or I can't find them I don't commit to the deal.

Profiling, maybe.....

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Not only that, everyone I deal with I search for on facebook by their email, if they look shady or I can't find them I don't commit to the deal.

Profiling, maybe.....

i always do as much research on the person as i can. i dont think you should not do business with somone because you cant find them on facebook. i dont have a facebook and dont want one. i know alot of folks that dont have facebook but i would not hesitate to do business with them.

i guess to each there own

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    I don't have or want a facebook acct. The way I see it, the less personal info on the net, the better.

i deleted my facebook account, waited awhile to make sure it was gone. then made one with no personal information ...

oh, and the few times ive sold stuff on craigs.. ive taken a friend with me.. for safety.. and made the buyer meet me at walmart parking lots..

Last edited:

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    FYI... dude used the name Alex. And he did mention INGO site.

I didn't FB search his email but had 2 phone conversations with him and text messages. Reverse searched ph# and cell#. All felt OK. I doubt that he was gonna drive over 2 hrs to attempt to rob an armed man, but who knows.

Hell maybe he was robbed on the way to the meet and killed and no one has checked his phone. I just wanted people to be wary.

Last edited:

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Everytime i've done a ftf its always been walmart lol

I look at it as the more public setting you could do a ftf the better.Yea there might be some people looking at you like wtf!? when your holding a handgun or rifle in the middle of the parking lot but oh well.As long as you feel safe and secure.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Most of the time I'll meet INSIDE a starbucks lowers the advantages of a robber IMO.

I usually meet at Wal-Mart. I can't IMAGINE the looks on the Barista's faces if I walked in with an AR or a PSL and started handling it with someone else lol :D Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'd rather not have to deal with the stampede of liberals as they try to flee the building.:laugh:

Top Bottom