• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I like them, and they have kept their prices low, and ship fast. But they now charge $15 shipping MINIMUM. What they do with backorders is ship each one as soon as they arrive and charge you an ADDITIONAL $15 shipping each time this happens.

I accidentally included a $8.99 bottle of gun oil when backordering ordering some 22lr ammo. Guess what happens? They ship the oil within a couple hours of placing the order, and invoice me $25 for just one 4oz bottle of oil! I looked at the invoice and it says since it has already shipped, which I know it actually hasn't because order was placed after hours, there is no cancellation.

Lesson learned. Maybe you can avoid the same thing. Especially since you all are probably back ordering a ton of 22lr ammo right now...

Last edited:

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    I've looked at Midway but buy from Montanna Gold. I don't care for the backorder thing and would rather purchase stuff that's in stock. Sucks that they did that to a customer.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm guessing you mean $15 minimum shipping on ammo purchases. I've bought several small items that will ship USPS 1st class for a few bucks. It looks to me like they charged the total shipping upfront on the oil, and I'd dispute any further s/h when your backorder comes.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I just order a couple of mags and they charge me $4.78 for shipping.

The minimum applies to ammo, and apparently anything with oil in it. I just got off the phone with them, and they literally said "tough luck" that I paid $25 for a little bottle of gun oil. Anything hazardous goes UPS Ground. UPS is the most ridiculously expensive shipper. There's nothing I hate worse than a vendor that forces me to use UPS, because in my experience they are also by far the slowest.

The good news is that they now hold backorder items for up to 90 days to try and ship them together. I think they learned from their mistakes during the 223 and PMag shortage. So each item won't potentially get dinged $15. Since the have the capability to do that, they obviously are trying to make a profit off of shipping charges by not giving us the option to hold in stock items.

Buyer beware. Midway is a good company otherwise. Maybe they will fix this soon.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    $25.00 for 4Oz of Oil sounds like a Government buy. Shipping charges are the first thing I check when ordering online.

I ordered two boxes of ammo, and the oil, for a total of almost $100. The shipping cost between all three was listed as $15, which is perfectly fine. I certainly would not have included the oil if I knew it would double the shipping cost. The whole reason I use MidwayUSA in the first place is to save money, but I guess you can't win them all.

Specifically, what I'm warning you of is this: When you do a backorder, which many of you may be about to do, do not include anything that is in stock.

PS - It seems enough people are trying to backorder 22lr right now that the site crashed and no one can login. Maybe I should be glad I got my order in, even if I lost some coin.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Last time I ordered from Midway, I added a $3.99 item that had free shipping. It dropped my shipping charge by about $8, which more than paid for the extra item. Worth a shot.

Top Bottom