Warning - If you don't like talking religion, stay away...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OK... so here it goes...

I was talking with a friend tonight about the G20 and what's happening in Mass. and other things when she FREAKED OUT. OMG! IT'S the RAPTURE! It's happening!! OMG OMG OMG...

So... what do you think? Do you think the End of Days has begun?

I don't, but she's FLIPPING OUT. She swears we are "very close". I don't think so.

What say you?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, are you?

This was and still is an ongoing convo with my friend and I'm asking what other people think.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I think the wheels are in motion. Check out the latest movies; 'Knowing' for example. There is a silent scream from this world that can't figure it all out. People are more consumed with the afterlife than ever before in history. The world knows something is about to take place. ACTS 2:38

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't trust movies really. Based on some fact or not, I just don't trust them. I'll go check out the scripture though.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I don't trust movies really. Based on some fact or not, I just don't trust them. I'll go check out the scripture though.

I'm just saying there is a current these days, especially the last 6 months; that, could be read as a frenzy. The people of this nation are experiencing such fear, oppression. You can see it on the faces of those college students. They were dumbfounded, speechless, accused and tried before they knew what was even going on. The oppression is real, it is coming from the top down and it won't stop. There is hope though. Hope of a ticket out of here.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, I don't think this is the rapture or the end of days. Just a hiccup in our lives.

This is what I tried to explain to her too, but she's Hell bent (excuse the pun) on trying to convince me we're on that path. I just don't believe it. They said that 30-40 years ago during the cold war too. There's just too many things that point to no I think.

I'm just saying there is a current these days, especially the last 6 months; that, could be read as a frenzy. The people of this nation are experiencing such fear, oppression. You can see it on the faces of those college students. They were dumbfounded, speechless, accused and tried before they knew what was even going on. The oppression is real, it is coming from the top down and it won't stop. There is hope though. Hope of a ticket out of here.

I hear ya on this. I just don't think we're that close yet. The world just isn't that close to falling apart IMHO. I'm still seeking what's really right and wrong religion wise, but I know one thing. I know there is a God and that Jesus died for us. I know that because I can feel it.

I am also a strong believer that there are no coinecidences either.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This is what I tried to explain to her too, but she's Hell bent (excuse the pun) on trying to convince me we're on that path. I just don't believe it. They said that 30-40 years ago during the cold war too. There's just too many things that point to no I think.

I hear ya on this. I just don't think we're that close yet. The world just isn't that close to falling apart IMHO. I'm still seeking what's really right and wrong religion wise, but I know one thing. I know there is a God and that Jesus died for us. I know that because I can feel it.

I am also a strong believer that there are no coinecidences either.

You ever wonder if the world won't 'fall apart' like we all think? What if, on one sunny day, the Lord just decides it's time? I think we as humans can get caught up in the 5 senses so much that we can miss the Lord just telling us to 'be urgent'. I know I do.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Personally, I don't believe in the "End of Days". Rather, I believe the concept was brought about simply to remind us all of what could happen if we ignore evil.

Ya know, I think I've seen this in a movie once... ;)

Monsignor: And I am reminded on this holy day of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, long time ago almost 30 years ago. This poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered their calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must all fear most... and that is the indifference of good men!

Connor
    : [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.

Murphy
    : Aye.

The indifference of good people will bring about the decline of our civilization, and we'll deserve it. Don't want to live in squalor? Take out the trash and clean your house.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You ever wonder if the world won't 'fall apart' like we all think? What if, on one sunny day, the Lord just decides it's time? I think we as humans can get caught up in the 5 senses so much that we can miss the Lord just telling us to 'be urgent'. I know I do.

Personally, I don't believe in the "End of Days". Rather, I believe the concept was brought about simply to remind us all of what could happen if we ignore evil.

Ya know, I think I've seen this in a movie once... ;)

The indifference of good people will bring about the decline of our civilization, and we'll deserve it. Don't want to live in squalor? Take out the trash and clean your house.

You know, however messed up this sounds. I think you're both right..

One point I was trying to make with her was that God doesn't control Free Will. She said that God Controls all things. While I believe she's mostly right, I do believe that God gave us Free Will and that is something he doesn't have control over.

What do you guys and gals think?

ANother thing we discussed is about the after life. I'm curious to know if you believe there is a limbo, in which the time before we go do Heaven or Hell is there a choice where we go or stay? Do you believe in such things? Our convo turned to this from me saying that I believe in ghosts and she said they are all demons. I said how can the be, because you have good and evil spirits, but not necessarily angels and demons. Everything has an opposite.

It's funny that we had this convo tonight because I got caught talking with a Jehovis Witness today as well. We sort of had the same discussion but apparently JH's don't believe in Hell? Is that correct?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    All I can add is the Bible clearly points out that "no man knows the hour or day" when Jesus will return. The end of days started with Adam and Eve in the garden.It's all right there in the Bible and all you need to do is read it and study upon it.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Personally everyday I think the end is a little closer, but I still think we have a way to go and I think we will see the demise of America before the end of the world. I believe we are watching the collapse of the American Empire now.

But I think we have not reached end times yet .

Luke 21:9

9"When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

There are many prophecies about what events will occur before the end and many have been completed and are being completed now. Things that are happening at the G20 do sound like steps in that direction. Such as a 1 world government and 1 universal currency. Doesn't that sound like what Obama is proposing? Many people are going to recognize this as a sign of the end times but I think it is only one more step.

America is broke and living off borrowed and printed money. That can't go on forever. So I worry for our country. :twocents:

Top Bottom