• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Bloomington motor and peddle bikers think they own the road.

Nice harley comes around a turn and is in my lane as we close for a head on collision. My jamming on the brakes saves his life and his lady friend. We missed by less than a few feet. Looked back in my mirror and he flips me the bird.

At 2nd and Patterson, peddle biker decides he can make a left turn and I must stop while he turns in front of me.

At west third next to Hardee's a young guy decided to peddle out into traffic to cross the 3rd street to head over to Wendy's. He had the red while the 3rd had the green.

It is dangerous on the roads today!

If I was texting while driving, I would have hit at least two bikers today...........

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I would ride 135 down to Brown Co on my motorcycle, when I used to have one. I can't tell you the number of guys that would come flying around to pass, and end up in the on coming lane at the next curve. On more than one occasion I'd make the comment that we'll see that guy on the ground soon, and be the first person on scene of their accident.

toucan2442

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Its a jungle out there. Had a bicyclist ignore a stop sign the other day and almost became a hood ornament.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    On college campuses it is worse. I was always almost hitting them at purdue. I almost got broadsided by a bicycle as I was proceeding thru a 4 way stop after I came to a complete stop and proceeded thru and he came flying thru the intersection and almost hit the bed of my truck. It was a jimmy johns delivery guy! Subs so fast you'll wreck.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The flip side is that no matter how careful and courteous a bike rider (bicycle or motorcycle) there will always be some idiot out there who either has it out for people on two wheels, or who isn't paying any attention to what they are doing. I obey all traffic laws, do my best to no impede traffic in any way, and keep an eagle eye out and I still routinely get people who think it's fun to try to run me down. Imagine their surprise when it turns out I'm well armed and very pissed off that they are trying to kill me. I call the cops when I can get a license number and I once pressed charges but the prosecutor dropped it.

Idiots are idiots no matter how they get around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The flip side is that no matter how careful and courteous a bike rider (bicycle or motorcycle) there will always be some idiot out there who either has it out for people on two wheels, or who isn't paying any attention to what they are doing. I obey all traffic laws, do my best to no impede traffic in any way, and keep an eagle eye out and I still routinely get people who think it's fun to try to run me down. Imagine their surprise when it turns out I'm well armed and very pissed off that they are trying to kill me. I call the cops when I can get a license number and I once pressed charges but the prosecutor dropped it.

Idiots are idiots no matter how they get around.

Oh you do not know the half of it. I saw a lady go left of center today and barely miss my service truck and hit the car behind me head on. She was so deep in her F%$#@)& phone when she went by me (I was hard right and off the road with 2 wheels) she had no idea. People were hurt in both cars. I try not to wish ill on folks but she needs to loose all driving privileges forever.

People are not paying attention. The next text is more important than your life.

Try to hurt me and then flip me off, I will find you. Seriously.

Had more than a few occasions to show idiots that I am armed and seriously pissed off.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think many people fail to realize that a bicycle is viewed the same as a motor vehicle as far as the law is concerned. They are required to remain as far right as is practical to allow cars to pass when they can but other than that they are no different. Many bike riders don't seem to understand this either and more than one has been surprised to receive ticket for running a stop sign or traffic light.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think many people fail to realize that a bicycle is viewed the same as a motor vehicle as far as the law is concerned. They are required to remain as far right as is practical to allow cars to pass when they can but other than that they are no different. Many bike riders don't seem to understand this either and more than one has been surprised to receive ticket for running a stop sign or traffic light.

I know this is not a popular idea but they need to be plated and insured to roam the streets. If you are out in traffic and at risk there should be some coverage on them. I have see bicycles hit cars in downtown Indy after running red lights and blowing stop signs.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Come work out on IU's campus with me. It's an absolute nightmare trying to navigate around that place on days like today.

I worked on IU campus for 7 years and had to drive a vehicle through campus numerous times a day. There's a reason inner campus was made vehicle restricted, and if it weren't for the non-university businesses along it, 10th street and the north-south streets associated with it should be as well. There's just way too high a pedestrian density involved. Add in that mix not only the usual native distracted driving but also students coming in from cultures where driving is not common and this is the first time in their lives they've ever driven, and pedestrians coming from urban areas where they are used to pedestrians and bicyclists ruling the roads then it's just a bad mix all around.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I think drivers of multi-ton vehicles should get a free pass when a cyclist tries to commit suicide. No, I don't want to intentionally kill a cyclist, but darn it, I don't want to ditch my truck (and possibly injure myself) trying to avoid your dumb ass, either!

I biked 20+ miles a day for years, and even I hate "cyclists"!

And don't get me started on the "soon to be organ donor" squids.....

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Weekend riders are the worst. They're out to "get a thrill" and typically don't have much seat time, and they're riding 2 up. It's a wonder more of them don't end up on a slab.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I know this is not a popular idea but they need to be plated and insured to roam the streets. If you are out in traffic and at risk there should be some coverage on them. I have see bicycles hit cars in downtown Indy after running red lights and blowing stop signs.

You know they tried this years ago and it failed quite miserably.

Personally, I think drivers of multi-ton vehicles should get a free pass when a cyclist tries to commit suicide. No, I don't want to intentionally kill a cyclist, but darn it, I don't want to ditch my truck (and possibly injure myself) trying to avoid your dumb ass, either!

I biked 20+ miles a day for years, and even I hate "cyclists"!

And don't get me started on the "soon to be organ donor" squids.....

Irony is a lot of drivers already do get free passes (or almost free) when they hit cyclists or when cyclists hit them.

That being said only an idiot doesn't follow the traffic signals, they are there for a great reason.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    What truly sucks is that at least two of those riders were uninsured. Guess who would have to pay to fix your vehicle if you had hit either one or both of the bicycles.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I about ran over some moron last year. I was at a stop sign where cross traffic does not stop. While waiting to cross some guy on a bicycle comes up on the drivers side and then turns right directly in front on the vehicle. Of course he give me the finger! If I wasn't in my workday I would have told him what I really thought.
    Too many idiots these days.

Just last week I almost tagged a Jimmy Johns delivery bike who was going the wrong way on the circle. I take back those mean things about the cops I saw giving them tickets last summer.

Top Bottom